Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don’t like my GM floor liners. The driver’s one at least. I got fed up and trimmed it so it didn’t get caught in the door anymore and that was good for a while. However, now I need to put some two sided tape on the edge near the foot brake. It keeps getting caught there now. The rest are good and they do seem to otherwise fit well and be of good quality.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I don’t like my GM floor liners. The driver’s one at least. I got fed up and trimmed it so it didn’t get caught in the door anymore and that was good for a while. However, now I need to put some two sided tape on the edge near the foot brake. It keeps getting caught there now. The rest are good and they do seem to otherwise fit well and be of good quality.
They must have received this feedback from a number of people as the ones I just got don't hang over the kick plate anywhere near the door.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have the WeatherTech in my truck. used them basically since day one.
But, I would say any floor liner is much better the having floor mats. Keeps floor cleaner and easy to get debris or fluids off of them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have the WeatherTech in my truck. used them basically since day one.
But, I would say any floor liner is much better the having floor mats. Keeps floor cleaner and easy to get debris or fluids off of them.
Agreed! You have to use some kind of oem or aftermarket liners - tiny carpet mats that come standard are ridiculous. The fact that I can spend $35k on a truck and that is all it comes with is just as ridiculous though. Step up your game GM...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Picked up the rear mats today, fantastic fit and they look great. So with my MyChevrolet points in total, got the front and rear for $70 out of pocket, good deal.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not a bad deal at all. Good use of your MyChevrolet points. Assuming you mean Floor Liners front and rear. of $70 after the points.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not a bad deal at all. Good use of your MyChevrolet points. Assuming you mean Floor Liners front and rear. of $70 after the points.
Yes, front and back all weather Chev mats for $70 total. Without points would have been $200 total for both sets... And I really do prefer these to Weathertech...

·
Registered
639 Posts
The key is that you have Floor Liners and you like them. So that makes it a Win/Win.
Just because I have WeatherTech, does not mean everyone else has to.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The key is that you have Floor Liners and you like them. So that makes it a Win/Win.
Just because I have WeatherTech, does not mean everyone else has to.
And my wife and I have Weathertechs in our Traverse and have really liked them, coverage is fantastic. I have just struggled to keep them looking good and "black". You have tips in that regard? Armor all makes them slick....

·
Registered
639 Posts
And my wife and I have Weathertechs in our Traverse and have really liked them, coverage is fantastic. I have just struggled to keep them looking good and "black". You have tips in that regard? Armor all makes them slick....
I would try this product. I haven't used it on the Floor Mats but it did not leave my dash slick.
Interior Detailer.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Neither, I like these better they fit well and are soft, the weather techs were a harder plastic and scuffed easily. The Husky's hold water well when you hop in and your feet are wet. Plus for longer rides they have some decent cushion to them.

To each their own!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the GM mats in my truck and the front mats fit perfectly. The rear....the mat could fit a bit tighter to the tunnel IMO.

Overall, very pleased with the GM version.

Ken

·
Registered
95 Posts
...I read many complaints how they would curl up and get pushed up by the door so maybe thats why why cut them inside the door sill cover now.
Interesting, as I thought I may have been the only one (or one of a few) to have this problem. I've had Weathertecs on other vehicles and wish I had thought to consider them this time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Those look like they might work better than the WTs. I had WTs in my '13 Explorer and found if my shoes were wet, my feet slid around which made me have to worry about where my brake was in relation to my foot. Are the GM ones a soft rubber rather than a hard plastic?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Those look like they might work better than the WTs. I had WTs in my '13 Explorer and found if my shoes were wet, my feet slid around which made me have to worry about where my brake was in relation to my foot. Are the GM ones a soft rubber rather than a hard plastic?
YES! Much softer rubber, one of the main reasons I like them better than Weathertech. They look better too!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts