Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up my new GM all weather floor liners today and color me impressed. (Got the front ones free using the MyChevrolet points received for buying the truck... Thanks Chevy!) They are great looking, have a great feel, slightly softer and more pliable than WT and use the oem floor anchors to keep them in place on the driver's side. Plenty of lip around the entire perimeter to keep spills in place. And the Grey Chevy bowtie looks great! I'm not sure how truck owners continue to use the carpeted mats that come with the truck - to me these should come standard at the Z71 level.

We will see how they look in a year or so, but look like a high quality item at this point. Picking up the rear ones tomorrow - had to pay for those dammit...

Anyone want some carpeted mats!? :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
love mine also.

looks like they changed them a bit. Mine go over the door sill plastic part. But I read many complaints how they would curl up and get pushed up by the door so maybe thats why why cut them inside the door sill cover now.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado WT Extended Cab 4x4
77 Posts
After watching a comparison video on YouTube, I picked up a set of Husky Weatherbeater Floor Liners for the front. I like that they are a little softer than the Weathertech Liners and not as "noisy" when I shuffle or move my feet. Previous vehicle was a Ford Ranger Sport model with the all-vinyl flooring, and I got used to the low maintenance convenience of not dealing with carpeting. Don't think I'll ever go back to the carpeting or the carpet mats.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had the GM mats in my truck for over a year and they're great. With an occasional rinse, or scrub, they still look new. Wifes car has weathertech.....doubt I'd ever buy them again. Hard plastic........just like the previous post said, they're noisy. I too, would look at GM mats or Husky if I ever needed different mats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just picked up my new GM all weather floor liners today and color me impressed. (Got the front ones free using the MyChevrolet points received for buying the truck... Thanks Chevy!) They are great looking, have a great feel, slightly softer and more pliable than WT and use the oem floor anchors to keep them in place on the driver's side. Plenty of lip around the entire perimeter to keep spills in place. And the Grey Chevy bowtie looks great! I'm not sure how truck owners continue to use the carpeted mats that come with the truck - to me these should come standard at the Z71 level.

We will see how they look in a year or so, but look like a high quality item at this point. Picking up the rear ones tomorrow - had to pay for those dammit...

Anyone want some carpeted mats!? :) View attachment 385362 View attachment 385363
You are missing a part of the keeper on the drivers side mat. These are pretty much weather tech mats I think

·
Registered
89 Posts
My GMC front mats are the same, but with the larger lip that extends into the door sill as was already mentioned. My truck was used and they came with, but had carpeted mats in the back. I did get the Weathertech for the rear and like it as well. The Weathertech was slightly cheaper but in hindsight I think the GM one covers more area.

·
Registered
53 Posts
love mine also.

looks like they changed them a bit. Mine go over the door sill plastic part. But I read many complaints how they would curl up and get pushed up by the door so maybe thats why why cut them inside the door sill cover now.
There are two different types of mats on offer now. Well, more than two really but for the explanation as to the difference between yours and OPs. Yours is a "deep well" that has the lip that goes over the sill and a higher wall on the inside that covers more of the carpet. The other is like the OPs.

This thread has more info on that:

·
Registered
18 Posts
(Got the front ones free using the MyChevrolet points received for buying the truck... Thanks Chevy!)
Help me understand how you got them free? The closest I can get is a $50 point redemption certificate on the my rewards website. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have always liked weathertech ones and have them in my 19 crew cab. I could care less about having the bowtie verses saying weathertech on the mats. They cover well and the fits good front and back.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Help me understand how you got them free? The closest I can get is a $50 point redemption certificate on the my rewards website. What am I doing wrong?
Did you not get 20000 reward points for buying your truck, which is $100?

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Yes, and I have around 22k total points. I just figured out how to get it to $100, but the mats are $120 or $170 depending on which set is chosen. Close to free, lol
Is the 2K for registering with Truck Legends?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I have had Husky's, Weathertech and GM in my vehicles. I will never use Weathertech again if there are GM or Husky options.

The Weathertech fit well but they are a harder plastic They scuff and if you use one in the cargo areas will slide cargo around.

The Husky and GM are very similar and softer. they just have a better feel and clean up better.

I have the GM mats now and love them. 3 years old and still like new.

The mats I really loved in my Sonoma were NPI carpeted mats. They were deep well mats but made with a indoor outdoor carpet that matched the interior of my truck. With them in it looked like stock carpet. You just take them out and hose them off and they were clean. Lund bought NPI and they have only had limited selections since. I still have a set in my Malibu but I could not get them for the Canyon or Acadia.

At this point I swore off Weathertech anymore. Great marketing and advertising but I prefer the softer feel of the Husky or GM. If GM or Husky did not make a mat I would go Weathertech but if the others were available I would go with them every time.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
No, I got 1k for filling out the MY GM profile, and the rest was from oil changes on my SS Camaro.
See if you can access Truck Legends thru your My GM account. They are giving points to sign up.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
After watching a comparison video on YouTube, I picked up a set of Husky Weatherbeater Floor Liners for the front. I like that they are a little softer than the Weathertech Liners and not as "noisy" when I shuffle or move my feet. Previous vehicle was a Ford Ranger Sport model with the all-vinyl flooring, and I got used to the low maintenance convenience of not dealing with carpeting. Don't think I'll ever go back to the carpeting or the carpet mats.
This is one of my complaints about how the manufacturers group options. Ideally you'd be able to order a truck with vinyl flooring and leather seats. Seemingly instead the manufacturers install carpet so that most people can then cover it with vinyl.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
This is one of my complaints about how the manufacturers group options. Ideally you'd be able to order a truck with vinyl flooring and leather seats. Seemingly instead the manufacturers install carpet so that most people can then cover it with vinyl.
Or have to order a leather interior, with a crap ton of chrome exterior parts, to get projector headlights.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yes, and I have around 22k total points. I just figured out how to get it to $100, but the mats are $120 or $170 depending on which set is chosen. Close to free, lol
I got 20,000 for buying the truck and converted that into $100 accessories credit. The front mats were $120 but my dealer wrote off the other $20 and gave them to me for just the $100 cert I had. Love my dealer. Got 1000 points for enrolling in the rewards program and then another 1000 for completing my profile.

Plus something to keep in mind is that once you turn your points into a certificate you have 30 days to use it or it becomes invalid. Not a fan of that policy to be honest...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts