Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the ZROADZ LED brackets on my WT last weekend. I want to thank everyone who went before me on the forum for posting their experiences and tips. I don't think I could have done everything myself otherwise. I'll post a few pics of the finished product. I'm not the most "technical" guy out there, but if I can answer any questions, I'll try.

Fuse Tap worked out well.

Just a pic of the battery area after cleaning up the wires.

Couldn't resist the "Sasquatch Lights" switch.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is there any way to install these through the factory fog light harness and switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any way to install these through the factory fog light harness and switch?

I don't see why not. I bought a 1 into 2 light adapter and ran only 1 line to each set of lights. I would think it would be a piece of cake to swap out the factory setup with one of these.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Are you happy with the light output? I had my eyes on the Rigid fog light kit, but Im not a fan how they look. If these are similarly bright, I may pick them up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you happy with the light output? I had my eyes on the Rigid fog light kit, but Im not a fan how they look. If these are similarly bright, I may pick them up.
Yes, I am happy with the lights and their output. I bought the floods because I did want them to function more like true fog lights. They are definitely brighter than the headlights but don't project too far out. Since I took the pictures, I've added Laminix yellow film to them. I use them quite a bit on the way to work and have yet to be flashed by someone coming at me.

I would have preferred the RIGIDs myself, but just couldn't pay that much.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yes, I am happy with the lights and their output. I bought the floods because I did want them to function more like true fog lights. They are definitely brighter than the headlights but don't project too far out. Since I took the pictures, I've added Laminix yellow film to them. I use them quite a bit on the way to work and have yet to be flashed by someone coming at me.

I would have preferred the RIGIDs myself, but just couldn't pay that much.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I may be picking up a set now.

·
Registered
382 Posts

If you have OEM fogs installed it should be as easy as splicing wires to the OEM plug, changing the housing, and bulbs (and maybe add resistors?). If you do not have OEM fogs installed, it will be near impossible to find someone who can program the BCM to allow use of the factory switch.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I installed the ZROADZ LED brackets on my WT last weekend. I want to thank everyone who went before me on the forum for posting their experiences and tips. I don't think I could have done everything myself otherwise. I'll post a few pics of the finished product. I'm not the most "technical" guy out there, but if I can answer any questions, I'll try.

Fuse Tap worked out well.

Just a pic of the battery area after cleaning up the wires.

Couldn't resist the "Sasquatch Lights" switch.

These look really nice. Is there a thread on where someone installed these? You said thanks to those who went before you I am assuming someone else did these?

Hey we are both in WI.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I had to figure out the particulars. I just meant where to run the wires through the firewall. How to do a fuse tap in the fuse box. How to get to the freakin' fog light area. That kind of thing. After living with them for a while, I'm really liking the way they light up the immediate area.

·
Registered
102 Posts
No, I had to figure out the particulars. I just meant where to run the wires through the firewall. How to do a fuse tap in the fuse box. How to get to the freakin' fog light area. That kind of thing. After living with them for a while, I'm really liking the way they light up the immediate area.
Thank you.
They do look really cool...
I think I will get a pair of these.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you post the link to which lights and harness you went with?
The lights, I got from AMAZON. They are
"Lumen OR995-CF - 3" Cube 4D Optic 20W Flood LED Pod Lights" and show up as unavailable right now.

I initially used the one of the provided harnesses from one of the sets to do the wiring, but ran into issues since I was doubling the juice needed. I eventually had to use two sets and splice them together at the switch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.