Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
mine is rock solid (take your hands of the wheel [not recommended]) right to max speed (limited to 98mph by computer).

I do not have the stock Goodyears; I have Kenda KR29 M/T LT245/70R17 tires.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain
2,023 Posts
Do you feel it in your seat, or in the steering wheel.

Could be a tire slightly out of balance. If you feel it in the steering wheel, that leads to a front wheel/tire. If you feel it in your seat, that leads to a rear wheel/tire.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Get your tires road force balanced. My old truck had endless balance problems and the road force balance was noticeably better. They balance the tire under load, and the machine can tell if the tire isn't mounted perfectly to the rim and the tire guy can then unmount and remount the tire to make it right.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ditto to tires. Took mine off road and had a slight shake after, went away after continuous highway driving. Held steady with no shake right to 95mph. Would take it to dealer for a fix. Off road tires generally are easy to knock off balance compared to lower profile sedan tires especially with the mud terrain type design.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Definitely tires. I’m running 33” 10 ply mud tires on aftermarket wheels with zero vibration at 90+. A good road force balance goes a long ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Another for the tires. Mine did the same thing. Had them rebalanced and problem is solved.

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
Probably a tire, I can see the rears in my mirrors, to see if bouncing, front, probably do not want to stick your hear out the window at 75mph.

mine was rock solid this weekend for 850 miles at 75+

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick question to add to this, long story short dealer wait time is ridiculous, do I only need a balance of the wheels or alignment too?

I can take it to Costco, as I already have a trip over and they can do the rotation and balance for a twenty some dollars, they don't do alignment though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.