Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was brought up on another thread about a gm performance bar Cross Beam Kit 84403779 that was fitted on non zr2 truck. That got me thinking what else does gm performance have for zr2s that would also fit z71 and lower trims or canyons? All the stuff they have for the ZR2 is way beyond normal pricing and are just insane about it, but what about those who want only GM stuff? yeah alot of aftermarket guys exist too, but hey its OEM level stuff...(sorta). Stuff like the steel driveshaft, the anti-wrap bar, long travel leafs, or the jounce system you thingk that they can fit or made to work? I dont know If i want to pay their prices but hey they do have some cool stuff....

Reactions: Firehk

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I mean, the whole shebang is bolt-on if you're brave enough and have deep pockets. It's not like Gen 1 ZR2/Highriders with different frames. Only thing you lose is the BCM integration with Off-Road mode and the DIC screen.

@brobocop has an entire ZR2 suspension on a Z71.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well i guess im a little worried i guess in a way since i have a 2016 not the 2017+ engine/trans. admittedly im interested in the steel driveshaft and the anti wrap bar.

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,818 Posts
holy crap. They do want an arm and another arm for these leafs lol.
Font Handwriting Auto part Parallel Drawing

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha OEM quality man... well for the price you do get more stuff than if you bought a normal deaver or ome spring kit

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well that i knew about before, but thats suspension. i was thinking of more of the other stuff they have on gm performance

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
There is nothing from GMPP's ZR2 catalog that is not achievable for often significantly cheaper and with better quality and performing parts. You can get a driveshaft from a local shop or even from one of the dozens of online friendly driveshaft shops. Many other options for traction/anti-wrap bars that can be made by any fab shop. Deaver will spec and build you a custom leafpack for 1/3 of the price. And a competent 4x4 shop can do a jounce system for about the same price as the GMPP kit. But if you aren't running trails super fast, it's not worth the time/money/effort.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I liked the GM stuff, cuz well, i get alot of gm stuff for less (i work for a gm dealership) but also I like alot of them being bolt on things. There arnt many places I can go here where I am for some of the custom stuff to be cheaper and better than the GM stuff. And with my super, i feel like i should get some sort of anti-wrap system. also Im a bit squeamish when it comes to real permanent add ons. the super is permanent but i can go back to stock, but welding stuff on kinda scares me

Reactions: Firehk

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, for sure. I never de-mod a vehicle unless it's causing issues or I'm upgrading further, so permanent mods don't bother me.

There is a time and place for anti-wrap bars, but are you really fighting wheelhop under acceleration? If not, you don't NEED it unless you are trying to drag race. A "military wrap" on the leafpack like what Deavers have, would help reduce axle wrap as well, before needing to add a bar.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
holy crap. They do want an arm and another arm for these leafs lol.
View attachment 417262
these are not oem ZR2 leafs, those are the ZR2 long travel leafs to increase the ZR2 rear wheel travel by 11 inches, also moves the axle back 30mm so the front of the tire will not hit the front of the wheel well
use these in conjucntion with the Long Travel DSSV shocks not OEM DSSV's

front has the long travel dssv's along with jounce stops to give you 11 inches of more travel

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,818 Posts
these are not oem ZR2 leafs, those are the ZR2 long travel leafs to increase the ZR2 rear wheel travel by 11 inches, also moves the axle back 30mm so the front of the tire will not hit the front of the wheel well
use these in conjucntion with the Long Travel DSSV shocks not OEM DSSV's

front has the long travel dssv's along with jounce stops to give you 11 inches of more travel
Yeah I read it- it’s still almost twice as much as my entire Jeep lift (rubicon Express 4.5” leaf lift) with shocks, brake lines, the whole shooting match. If I was a super rich dude I would buy everything on that site plus a supercharger and have it on the truck before I took possession though :) it’s all cool stuff just overpriced.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you can cross the GM performance part number on google, and you can find them cheaper on other gm sites

1 - 13 of 13 Posts