Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I traded my canyon denali in about 7 months ago for a Zr2 to build into a overland rig. here is my progress so far. thanks for all the helpful information, and I can't wait to meet you local Colorados!

Mods so Far:

Rago Shock Skids
A.R.E Z Series Camper Shell w/ Prinsu TopRack
Prinsu Cab Rack
Decked System
Datin Fab Molle Bedside Panel
Interior LED Replacements
LED High/Lows and AKKON Housing
Banks iDash w/ Block8head Ventpod
CBI Ditch Light Brackets with Baja Design S2 Pros
Switch Pro SP-9100
iKamper Skycamp Mini (delivery March 2)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can't imagine there are too many blue diesel ZR2s running around, and that means I've likely seen you around a few times on the west side of town. If it was you, the time that comes immediately to mind was over by Colorado Mills right off 70. I didn't have my Bison yet, and was very much liking the blue... If it was available on a Bison, that's for sure the color I would have gone with.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice ride! I'm in Denver too. How hard was it to install the Prinsu cab rack? Looking to put one on mine eventually.

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
Nice ride! I'm in Denver too. How hard was it to install the Prinsu cab rack? Looking to put one on mine eventually.
Good tips in this video.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That Prinsu roof rack looks interesting.. The iKamper Mini (why the Mini with the big rack on the shell, weight issues,???) is crazy dang money. I've used my Kodiak Canvas 10x10 on the ground for a decade or so and it gets a little nautical in a stiff wind of 30-40kts plus. The Tupi Kukenam 3 I've got resting atop the truck has withstood some hellacious winds and the noise wasn't much more than what the Kodiak put up.. Now, the swaying of the truck/tent is another story. Not unlike an interesting night aboard ship in an unprotected anchorage in Force 5 + winds.

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
That Prinsu roof rack looks interesting.. The iKamper Mini (why the Mini with the big rack on the shell, weight issues,???) is crazy dang money. I've used my Kodiak Canvas 10x10 on the ground for a decade or so and it gets a little nautical in a stiff wind of 30-40kts plus. The Tupi Kukenam 3 I've got resting atop the truck has withstood some hellacious winds and the noise wasn't much more than what the Kodiak put up.. Now, the swaying of the truck/tent is another story. Not unlike an interesting night aboard ship in an unprotected anchorage in Force 5 + winds.
My Tepui has withstood wind crazy enough to flip it half closed with me and the dog in it while the heavy part of me was sleeping on the flipped side! No damage at all. It does get noisy in heavy wind which bothers my wife. The drawback to a RTT is unlike a ground tent, you can't pitch it on the leeward side of the truck to try and shelter it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't imagine there are too many blue diesel ZR2s running around, and that means I've likely seen you around a few times on the west side of town. If it was you, the time that comes immediately to mind was over by Colorado Mills right off 70. I didn't have my Bison yet, and was very much liking the blue... If it was available on a Bison, that's for sure the color I would have gone with.
Can't say for certain that was me, I am not over near that area very much but there is a chance!

I let a local shop do it, Tru Automotive to be specific. They do a ton of Tacoma and 4 Runner work, and I've seen other ZR2s there too! They did an amazing job. As far the one on the camper shell it was super easy, I did it myself.

I first saw the double Prinsu rack on Youtube "Trail Adventures USA" and just loved the look of it. I plan on putting MaxTrax and Rotopax on the Cab Rack. I chose the smaller iKamper Mini, because I don't like the overhang of the tent onto the cab. The iKamper Skycamp 4X is just too big for my needs, and I hated the look of it on a shorter bed truck. It is very expensive but I plan to put it to good use. I'll be posting plenty more pics!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My Tepui has withstood wind crazy enough to flip it half closed with me and the dog in it while the heavy part of me was sleeping on the flipped side! No damage at all. It does get noisy in heavy wind which bothers my wife. The drawback to a RTT is unlike a ground tent, you can't pitch it on the leeward side of the truck to try and shelter it.
[/QUOTE
I've not had to experience the fold over but the rain fly tension rods are not at all in the original shape and one of the "upwind" side frame poles isn't exactly OEM new either.
Sturdy tents though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey everyone, I traded my canyon denali in about 7 months ago for a Zr2 to build into a overland rig. here is my progress so far. thanks for all the helpful information, and I can't wait to meet you local Colorados!

Mods so Far:

Rago Shock Skids
A.R.E Z Series Camper Shell w/ Prinsu TopRack
Prinsu Cab Rack
Decked System
Datin Fab Molle Bedside Panel
Interior LED Replacements
LED High/Lows and AKKON Housing
Banks iDash w/ Block8head Ventpod
CBI Ditch Light Brackets with Baja Design S2 Pros
Switch Pro SP-9100
iKamper Skycamp Mini (delivery March 2)

View attachment 385651
do you have a link to the headlights you installed? those are nice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
more pics for your enjoyment

·
Registered
246 Posts
Talk to me about that gauge pod. I was looking at that banks monitor, but wasn't able to find a place to mount it that really looked clean. Do you have more photos? Does it affect the defrost vent?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Talk to me about that gauge pod. I was looking at that banks monitor, but wasn't able to find a place to mount it that really looked clean. Do you have more photos? Does it affect the defrost vent?

I can take more photos. It is custom made from a guy on facebook called "Block8head". The defrost still works like a charm, and it is a very easy clean install. Some have complained about a rattle in the pod but I haven't experienced it at all, and I ride on very bumpy roads.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where did you run the wire? The hole in the block8head pod goes down into the vent.

i just ran it down the hole and to the side dash then to OBD2, the wire is somewhat pinched between the mount, so i do plan to go back and tap a small hole for it to run through, but as of now im not too worried about it. It fits completely snug and can't see the wire in any viewing angle. I will post more pics soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I actually came across Block8head NOT on Facebook. At some point, we'll need to meet up (CiC wrench day?) and you'll have to show me what it looks like in person.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I actually came across Block8head NOT on Facebook. At some point, we'll need to meet up (CiC wrench day?) and you'll have to show me what it looks like in person.
Definitely! here are some more pics in the meantime

EDIT: Sorry these pics are pretty low quality if I remember to take some better ones I will upload those.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts