Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
been working on trying to get this thing back on the road. Most of the hold up has been waiting on parts, but i think we might have it up and running before the end of the year now.

2017 zr2, crate lt4 engine, 8l90e trans, and t-case from a full size pickup.
ok, that is just awesome.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow I didn't think I would see this for st least a few more years. Rare for anyone to tackle a project like this until warranty has expired and an engine goes pop. Even then it's usually a procharged 5.3 or something. Awesome project!

·
Registered
282 Posts
If it's anyone that will tackle this with success.its Cpwire. Awesome build!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
seriously an LT4 fits? a 650hp supercharged v8? wtf want... how much weight was added to the truck with that? btw that thing is insane

·
Registered
347 Posts
seriously an LT4 fits? a 650hp supercharged v8? wtf want... how much weight was added to the truck with that? btw that thing is insane
You should also being asking what suspension upgrades are needed, plus does the current drive train really support 650ft/lbs of torque. The bigger question is why not just buy a Raptor or Dodge Power Wagon and a Camaro ZL1. What does this engine buy you that a regular V8 crate does not in terms of use in a ZR2? You are not drag racing a raised truck and 450 ft/lbs will get you up the hill as well as 650 ft/lbs. This build makes no sense...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Completely Insane and Completely Awesome. Zero to Everest in 6.5 seconds! ZT6 indeed there lqdchkn

·
Registered
72 Posts
You should also being asking what suspension upgrades are needed, plus does the current drive train really support 650ft/lbs of torque. The bigger question is why not just buy a Raptor or Dodge Power Wagon and a Camaro ZL1. What does this engine buy you that a regular V8 crate does not in terms of use in a ZR2? You are not drag racing a raised truck and 450 ft/lbs will get you up the hill as well as 650 ft/lbs. This build makes no sense...

Tending more to this analysis. The ZR2 is a rock crawler. Raptor a desert racer. Completely different designs. If you’re turning into a racer, Id say your getting there. Shorter wheel base and narrower stance will be, well, interesting. I’d recommend a real roll bar.

As far as warranty.... anyone who can pull of this mod it not at all worried about the warranty! Can fix what breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Tending more to this analysis. The ZR2 is a rock crawler. Raptor a desert racer. Completely different designs. If you’re turning into a racer, Id say your getting there. Shorter wheel base and narrower stance will be, well, interesting. I’d recommend a real roll bar.

As far as warranty.... anyone who can pull of this mod it not at all worried about the warranty! Can fix what breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You bring up the same point which simply is why this engine, what is the build objective, speed/desert runner or rock crawler? If it is just for bragging rights why stop at 650, drop this sucker in:

·
Registered
282 Posts
These comments amuse me. They remind me of how my last project started out. Too bad photobucket dropped all the pictures.
http://coloradofans.com/forums/114-...5-680-miles-too-many-time-v8.html#post2679017
http://www.lsxmag.com/features/car-...wirings-14-colorado-rocks-a-turbod-gen-v-l83/
They are story in itself! Always loved your work back when I saw you in the 1st gen days!!.

Again awesome build! Its just tickles me silly!
I can't imagine there would be a huge weight increase. A diesel zr2 iron block would probably be just as heavy. I bet any additional weight would be equivalent to passengers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: rjwz28
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.