Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
481 - 500 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Colorado ZR2 Satin Steel Metallic
11 Posts
Just wanna share. Method 703 0 offset w/ BFG Ko2 c rated 285/70/17. wheel weight 27lbs tire weight is 50. Only ~7 lbs more than stock setup.44# duratrac 26# stocker rim.589 fab 1" level kit installed. At first it was rubbing at rear of front fender while turning even on flat surface. The zero offset was the factor as it made the wheel poke out. When i did alignment i told them to move my caster. Its @ 3.5 and now no rubbing unless its flexing.Will trim in the future and install aev 33" trim kit

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just wanna share. Method 703 0 offset w/ BFG Ko2 c rated 285/70/17. wheel weight 27lbs tire weight is 50. Only ~7 lbs more than stock setup.44# duratrac 26# stocker rim.589 fab 1" level kit installed. At first it was rubbing at rear of front fender while turning even on flat surface. The zero offset was the factor as it made the wheel poke out. When i did alignment i told them to move my caster. Its @ 3.5 and now no rubbing unless its flexing.Will trim in the future and install aev 33" trim kit
How far past the flare does the wheel stick out? I'm homing in on what setup I'm going to go with, and I'm considering Methods. I'd like to see some more pics of your truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How far past the flare does the wheel stick out? I'm homing in on what setup I'm going to go with, and I'm considering Methods. I'd like to see some more pics of your truck.
will poke out lil over 1 inch. one of the rear side will poke out more than the other side as zr2 already like that from factory.If you look instagram all zero offset poke out. So any wheel that 8.5 to 9.5 width you would want some positive offset to make it somehow flush with fender flares.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looking for some advice. After weeks of "exhaustive" research on the forums and internets, I think I'm homing in on my wheel and tire decision. Stock ZR2, I've already ordered a 589 1" leveling kit. My goal to go a little bigger and try to get flush with the edge of the flare with no rubbing, and no cutting on the truck or re gearing. So what I'm thinking is:
1" level
Method 701 or 703
265 70 R17 most likely K02s or back to the Duratracs.
I think this should work, but what I've been trying to figure out is: should I go with zero offset wheels or try to get the new +20 offset version? pros? cons?
Would 275 70R17 be too tall and wide ?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking for some advice. After weeks of "exhaustive" research on the forums and internets, I think I'm homing in on my wheel and tire decision. Stock ZR2, I've already ordered a 589 1" leveling kit. My goal to go a little bigger and try to get flush with the edge of the flare with no rubbing, and no cutting on the truck or re gearing. So what I'm thinking is:
1" level
Method 701 or 703
I think this should work, but what I've been trying to figure out is: should I go with zero offset wheels or try to get the new +20 offset version? pros? cons?
Thanks in advance!
i have the same level kit.If you go positive offset with either 265 or 275 i recommend caster adjustment since u will need alignment after the level kit is installed. You will have to tell them you want past the spec of 2.5 deg. My setup is 3.5 deg caster, 0 offset method 703 with 285 Ko2 i have no rubbing now but Unless im flexing. you should be fine since those are smaller tire and positve offset goes in the wheel well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have the same level kit.If you go positive offset with either 265 or 275 i recommend caster adjustment since u will need alignment after the level kit is installed. You will have to tell them you want past the spec of 2.5 deg. My setup is 3.5 deg caster, 0 offset method 703 with 285 Ko2 i have no rubbing now but Unless im flexing. you should be fine since those are smaller tire and positve offset goes in the wheel well.
Thanks for the reply. Did you do any trimming to run those 285s?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Did you do any trimming to run those 285s?
no trimming yet. but will order and install the aev 33in trim kit in near future. I learned about that caster here and that made a huge difference. without it it was rubbing all over the place and eating up the plastic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't think I want to go to 285, they look awesome, but I'm afraid it will affect my truck towing my camper on the interstate with such an increase in the tire diameter. Great tip on the camber adjustment, sounds like free clearance. No ill affects on anything else from changing camber?

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
1" level
Method 701 or 703
Thanks in advance!
the DV8's with a 15 off-set will be pretty close if you like thier style and the price is cheaper
0 off set will push your wheel out 1.3 inches, so the 265/70 may work fine..
the 25 mm off-seet will be a litle overt 1/2 out

Reactions: Natzx7

·
Registered
100 Posts
the DV8's with a 15 off-set will be pretty close if you like thier style and the price is cheaper
0 off set will push your wheel out 1.3 inches, so the 265/70 may work fine..
the 25 mm off-seet will be a litle overt 1/2 out
Thanks. Not wild about the DV8s but I'm thinking about going with the 703s with the 20 offset so they don't stick out quite as much.

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think I want to go to 285, they look awesome, but I'm afraid it will affect my truck towing my camper on the interstate with such an increase in the tire diameter. Great tip on the camber adjustment, sounds like free clearance. No ill affects on anything else from changing camber?
Caster
Caster my friend not Camber. adjusting caster on this truck moves lower A arms forward therefore pushing the wheel forward. 703 is sweet looking and on the lighter sub 30lbs. i was debating between method grid, mr312, mr703, alpha equipt command and icon rebound. my first choice actually rebounds but its back order.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Caster

Caster my friend not Camber. adjusting caster on this truck moves lower A arms forward therefore pushing the wheel forward. 703 is sweet looking and on the lighter sub 30lbs. i was debating between method grid, mr312, mr703, alpha equipt command and icon rebound. my first choice actually rebounds but its back order.
LOL sorry, I do know the difference, just a slip, been a long day. :ROFLMAO: Those rebounds do look good, but I think the brighter bronze will stand out more on my graphite truck. Those Commands caught my eye though....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

Today, I installed a new set of Goodyear DuraTrac tires on my truck (same model as stock for the ZR2), but two sizes up. The new tire size is LT285/70R17. The stock size is a 265/65R17.

UPDATE: I have heard twice over several days a very small hint of tire rub when the wheels are at a particular angle and hitting an especially hard bump while slowing down. When I bounced her in the sand, steering turned, I heard nothing. The place where I've heard it twice now is the entrance to the supermarket near my house; it's especially steep and hits hard. It has scars and drag marks from all the Hondas and other small, low cars dragging their air dams and frames (these are hard gouges). Anyway, that particular spot has an especially abrupt angle. When I've heard it, it wasn't pronounced and had me wondering if I heard something .. but twice in the same place means I heard something. I haven't seen any evidence of tire rub in the wheel well yet. I keep the tires fully-inflated at 60psi for road use (65psi is their max rating).

Goodyear calls this a "33.0" inch tire; however, if you put the metric measurements into a tire calculator, the actual number is slightly less at 32.7 inches. The stock "31.0" inch tires are also 30.6 inches. The 2.1-inch difference in diameter between the new and old tire sizes yields a 1-inch height increase to the truck. The tires look like they fit the wheel well better. The extra tire width is negligible and the tires DO fit inside the wheel well from side to side.

If anything, the truck looks less tall because there's less visible open space in the wheel well. It can look less tall, but the new tires to do look impressive.

I've experienced no rubbing yet, and I've taken several fast corners to load (compress) the suspension while in a turn. With the wheels turned to the closest point (of near contact) there's about half of an inch of clearance or slightly more .... eyeballing it. I've got a Rough Country 1.25-inch body lift I'll be installing soon. That will help the clearance issue just slightly.
-which side will be the ones below this tire size?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Any update on the 32s?
I can confirm that copper STT pro in 265/70R17 fit without any rubbing what so ever (31.93x10.7)

I will probably go with st Maxx in 275/70R17 (32.17x11) in a year or two when the STT pros wear out (25K miles on them, good for another 30+K miles. I’ll lose my patience before though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
Any update on the 32s?
I didn't do 32s. I went with stock tire size. Now that everything on vehicles is controlled by computers with built-in parameters, changing the tire size changes too many other things. I doubt that 32s would have a serious impact, but for me it wasn't worth messing with.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
I didn't do 32s. I went with stock tire size. Now that everything on vehicles is controlled by computers with built-in parameters, changing the tire size changes too many other things. I doubt that 32s would have a serious impact, but for me it wasn't worth messing with.
what "parameters" did tire size change besides the speedometer?

I do run at a lower rpm at a given speed now which does not hurt anything

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
what "parameters" did tire size change besides the speedometer?

I do run at a lower rpm at a given speed now which does not hurt anything
It could affect your braking because of the larger, heavier tire, which has more rolling mass.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
It could affect your braking because of the larger, heavier tire, which has more rolling mass.
he was talking about computor contrlled parameters and besides most of these guys put a lot of weight in there trucks which will effect stopping power a whole lot more then me putting on tires that weight 6lbs each over stock, compared to those who put e-rated tires that weigh 15 to 25 lbs more per tire, plus after market wheels that are heavier then oem wheels

then ya got the so called "overlander" equipped trucks who have hundreds if not thousands of extra weight to stop,,

Reactions: madcratebuilder
481 - 500 of 527 Posts