Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, today I went ahead and got all the detailed part numbers and pricing for the ZR2 hood, which is finally available for purchase.
Amazed that the few parts dealers I went to were unwilling to give me the part numbers but had no problem giving me their prices.

So without further adieu: PS, the prices listed are GM's suggested list price;
84167164 Hood $728.33
84108318 Insulator $93.52
84274053 Molding, Hood Center $281.30
23234490 RH Weatherstripping $17.07
23216875 LH Weatherstripping $17.07
23248589 Center Hood Weatherstripping $12.97
11518616 Bolt (2 required) $13.20
11611677 Retainer, Hood insulator (5 required) $23.90
11571016 Clip, Hood Air Scoop (4 required) $73.48
11611006 Nut, Hood Center Molding ( 6 required) $23.64
11611489 Stud, Hood Air Scoop (4 required) $63.68
11571175 Retainer, Hood Ornament (4 required) $23.28

Total for everything at list price = $1371.44
What it will look like with my zombies bumpers = PRICELESS >:)

PS: Many thanks to @onebaddz for pointing out I mis-typed 2 of the numbers.

PLEASE READ post 80 of this topic for updated info on the actual parts ordered

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very much looking forward to hearing about your install, and of course, pics! Probably won't do this myself, so I'll live vicariously through you. lol
The install should be pretty straight forward, 4 nuts hold the hood up, plus disconnecting the 2 prop rods which is just a clip.
Im gonna call mine a ZR-71 though when its all said and done. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Darn so the insulator is different.

Was hoping there were some parts that could swap over from the stock hood.

Thanks for making the list.

Parts look to be 945.54 at my dealer according to their online parts site.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Darn so the insulator is different.

Was hoping there were some parts that could swap over from the stock hood.

Thanks for making the list.

Parts look to be 945.54 at my dealer according to their online parts site.
Not sure if the insulator or weatherstripping would fit, but since I will just be selling the original hood, figured Id just get it all at once.

And yep, I got my local dealer to go $945 and no shipping costs. $1013 with tax :wink2:

PS....for sale soon. Slightly used, perfect black Z71 hood. LOL

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
You are sure it will fit with you grill.

GM is well Know to make small changes the prevent swapping some parts.

There were many guys who bought the SS grill for the stock HHR. They found out the hard way it was not a bolt on.

Might double check everything.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

GM is well Know to make small changes the prevent swapping some parts.

There were many guys who bought the SS grill for the stock HHR. They found out the hard way it was not a bolt on.

They say it will and if not, are willing to send it back. So, guess Im the guinea pig here.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about this:

84167164 Hood $471.96
With shipping that comes to $500.47. My cost for the hood is $502.55..... a couple bucks more but again, I have the option of sending it back if it doesnt fit like they said. But thanks for making me a few bucks poorer. LOL

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
let us know if you make this work, and i'll sticky the thread
They claim the hood itself should be here by mid week. 1st and foremost will be me test fitting it to make sure it lines up. Don't worry, there will be pix upon pix, one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
not to mention the tow capacity or availability of a CCLB thats what keeping me in my truck :)
Word. The only ZR2 part I want is the front locker.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because you had me thinking, stopped at my dealer today. They literally just got a ZR2 off the trailer half an hour before I got there. So with Mr Trusty Ruler, I mapped out every dimension I could and compared it with my stock Z71. The most crucial measurement I was looking for the most was from the hood striker to the edge of the front lip of the hood. And I am pleased to announce both were 6 3/4, and every other measurement was identical as well. (radiator support to firewall, front to back, left to right, on all 4 sides, corner to corner diagonally as well)

So, this thing should bolt right in.....but time will tell. :nerd:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Because you had me thinking, stopped at my dealer today. They literally just got a ZR2 off the trailer half an hour before I got there. So with Mr Trusty Ruler, I mapped out every dimension I could and compared it with my stock Z71. The most crucial measurement I was looking for the most was from the hood striker to the edge of the front lip of the hood. And I am pleased to announce both were 6 3/4, and every other measurement was identical as well. (radiator support to firewall, front to back, left to right, on all 4 sides, corner to corner diagonally as well)

So, this thing should bolt right in.....but time will tell. :nerd:
The latch and back part should be fine. The grill area is where you need to be concerned. If it is changed the grill will be the issue.

If you are good there you should be fine

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The latch and back part should be fine. The grill area is where you need to be concerned. If it is changed the grill will be the issue.

If you are good there you should be fine
I had the 2 opened side by side. While my old eyes dont see like they used to, nothing stood out as to hinder the install but until it comes in, we will never know.

BUT...Im about to find out soon enough. COME ON GM PARTS DELIVERY TEAM !!! :grin2:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I had the 2 opened side by side. While my old eyes dont see like they used to, nothing stood out as to hinder the install but until it comes in, we will never know.

BUT...Im about to find out soon enough. COME ON GM PARTS DELIVERY TEAM !!! :grin2:
Just make sure to trial fit the hood before it is painted. That way it can be returned and you are not out a ton of money.

I get too many people at work who buy hoods and other body parts then paint them only to find it does not fit and get mad because I will not take their lime green metal flake hood back.

It should be an easy swap. Just mark you old hood do you can out it back in place easier.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just make sure to trial fit the hood before it is painted. That way it can be returned and you are not out a ton of money.

I get too many people at work who buy hoods and other body parts then paint them only to find it does not fit and get mad because I will not take their lime green metal flake hood back.

It should be an easy swap. Just mark you old hood do you can out it back in place easier.
Fully intend to do it, right in the dealers parking lot. They want 100% confirmation as well. :wink2:

1 - 20 of 138 Posts