Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 ZR2 & the factory fender flares are not large enough but I like the way they install. The AEV Bison fender flares look big enough & I would like to know if they install the same way & when they will be available & cost?

·
Registered
229 Posts
All ZR2 models have additional, but some say unnecessary, holes for mounting the flares in the fenders. The flare will not reach all the way down on the Z71 bumper but will install with double sided tape just fine.

**Edit: See VoR's post below, for more accurate info.

·
Registered
71 Posts
All ZR2 models have additional, but some say unnecessary, holes for mounting the flares in the fenders. The flare will not reach all the way down on the Z71 bumper but will install with double sided tape just fine.
I'm currently in a situation of figuring out how to install ZR2 fender flares on my Z71. I've installed the Fab Four Vengeance Front Bumper so the bumper mirrors how the ZR2 bumper is.

The way the flares are made, it seems that double sides tape would not be securely placed for install.

Been trying to find someone who has successfully installed, but no luck thus far.

V_O_R

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm currently in a situation of figuring out how to install ZR2 fender flares on my Z71. I've installed the Fab Four Vengeance Front Bumper so the bumper mirrors how the ZR2 bumper is.

The way the flares are made, it seems that double sides tape would not be securely placed for install.

Been trying to find someone who has successfully installed, but no luck thus far.

V_O_R
Damn, that's the first picture of the backside of the ZR2 flares I've seen. And I can definitely see what you're saying. Those look to be easier to remove for cleaning behind than the standard flares.

Edited my post to reflect the new info; thanks for doing the digging on this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Damn, that's the first picture of the backside of the ZR2 flares I've seen. And I can definitely see what you're saying. Those look to be easier to remove for cleaning behind than the standard flares.

Edited my post to reflect the new info; thanks for doing the digging on this.
Yeah, I got a set for a great price ($225 - Like New). But just been sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. Just not much information on how to install them without going to dealership and paying $$$.

V_O_R

·
Registered
229 Posts
I seem to recall that some years have dimples in the fenders (possibly on the backside) that indicate where to drill for the grommets but I haven't gotten behind the liners to look yet on my Z71 as it had the standard accessory flares installed at the factory.

·
Registered
689 Posts
In answer to the original poster, The AEV Bison Fenders do install in place of your standard ZR2 flares.

The front Bison fenders are the same for Crew Cab and Extended Cab. The GM Part# is for the left: 84210996

The GM Part# is for the right: 84210997

The Right Side Rear is the same for all, GM Part# 84210999

The Left Side Rear for Extended Cab is GM Part# 84212110
The Left Side Rear for Crew Cab is GM Part# 84210998

MSRP is not listed and Dealer Costs ranges from $251 to $551, not sure why the extended cab rear is so expensive.

These includes deflectors and the retainers for each Flare. Going through GM, you can find some dealers selling them cheaper than others.

AEV is planning on selling these as well and I know they are working on instructions, including trimming for larger tires. Since GM isn't selling these as accessories, there aren't instructions available to the public.

·
Registered
689 Posts
So, pulled off my Bison front fender last night to make room to install the snorkel. So I noticed I somewhat misspoke about the Bison Fenders install just like the standard ZR2 flares. It does use the standard holes for the bottom part, but as you can see in the pics below, they obviously drilled addition holes for the top of the fender flares on the production line. What they should be ashamed about it, is they didn't paint over the holes that they drilled.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In answer to the original poster, The AEV Bison Fenders do install in place of your standard ZR2 flares.

The front Bison fenders are the same for Crew Cab and Extended Cab. The GM Part# is for the left: 84210996

The GM Part# is for the right: 84210997

The Right Side Rear is the same for all, GM Part# 84210999

The Left Side Rear for Extended Cab is GM Part# 84212110
The Left Side Rear for Crew Cab is GM Part# 84210998

MSRP is not listed and Dealer Costs ranges from $251 to $551, not sure why the extended cab rear is so expensive.

These includes deflectors and the retainers for each Flare. Going through GM, you can find some dealers selling them cheaper than others.

AEV is planning on selling these as well and I know they are working on instructions, including trimming for larger tires. Since GM isn't selling these as accessories, there aren't instructions available to the public.

Thanks for the parts numbers. I'm looking to ordering the OEM GM flares so the part numbers help out a lot. https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/ has them at cheap prices so i think i'm going to go ahead and order them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought these also. I was thinking of using stainless steel pan head screws and put less small holes upward on the lower lip of the flair into the fender lip. Its hard to commit drilling holes in the face of the fender for all those body clips , and there is no template.

·
Registered
253 Posts
So, pulled off my Bison front fender last night to make room to install the snorkel. So I noticed I somewhat misspoke about the Bison Fenders install just like the standard ZR2 flares. It does use the standard holes for the bottom part, but as you can see in the pics below, they obviously drilled addition holes for the top of the fender flares on the production line. What they should be ashamed about it, is they didn't paint over the holes that they drilled.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get mine off to check for this. Are all of those holes in the fender for screws or do some have clips?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how to get mine off to check for this. Are all of those holes in the fender for screws or do some have clips?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

There are screws, pop/pins underneath the fender that have to be removed first, the rest that go around the fender are plastic clips and you just need to pull to unsnap them.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Do you know if GM offers instructions to install OEM ZR2 fender flares?

V_O_R

These are the instructions for Part # 8469305, but those are the taped on ones, which are not the OEM ZR2 ones, there are instructions on replacing the ZR2 fender flares and the Bison flares, but none for adding them to a non ZR2 or Bison.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So from my understanding the early model bisons AEV drilled holes and did not paint them. Can anyone confirm this and how to pull them off in detail to check

·
Registered
235 Posts
Emulous74 states in his build thread that that is the case. I have a 2020 (11/19 build) Bison, and I've had my fender flares off. The holes are painted with some gray paint for rust protection.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts