Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the fog lamp circuit is included, I don't see the relay KR46, but the fuse F48 is installed in my fuse box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bump anyone? Also where is the OEM high beam relay? The drawings also show it (KR46) on the under hood fuse box but I don't see it on the cover diagram,
trying to figure out if the fog light circuit and wiring can be used on my ZR2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Just wondering if the fog lamp circuit is included, I don't see the relay KR46, but the fuse F48 is installed in my fuse box.

It isn't.
Per the instuctions, you need to unbolt the fuse panel, and run the harness form the light buckets to the relay blades under the panel, plus the trigger wire to the switch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Which instructions are you referring to??Obviously the ZR2 uses the OEM high beam relay as well as the horn relay , but they are not located on the under hood fuse block X50A even though the electrical drawings show them there.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
X
Which instructions are you referring to??Obviously the ZR2 uses the OEM high beam relay as well as the horn relay , but they are not located on the under hood fuse block X50A even though the electrical drawings show them there.

The install instructions for the factory fog light kit. Since the ZR2 doesn't have provisions for fog lights, some repurposing may have occured.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting . Any idea why the high beam and horn relays wouldn't be identified in the fuse block since these are standard equipment?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Im too lazy to go outside in the rain to look but, are there any relays in the fuse panel thats located on the right side floor under the glove box? Might be there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I tried to have GM program the fog lights on my ZR2 and they would not do it. My local dealership will do most anything if I ask but it came from GM that they would not allow the BCM to be switched on for fog lights since the ZR2 did not come with them. May want to check with the dealer first to see if they will do your BCM before getting to far into it.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I tried to have GM program the fog lights on my ZR2 and they would not do it. My local dealership will do most anything if I ask but it came from GM that they would not allow the BCM to be switched on for fog lights since the ZR2 did not come with them. May want to check with the dealer first to see if they will do your BCM before getting to far into it.
and if thats the case, just wire and switch it yourself.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know if the fog light wiring is built into the ZR2 even though it didn't come with lights? I haven't pulled the front grille yet on my ZR2.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know if the fog light wiring is built into the ZR2 even though it didn't come with lights? I haven't pulled the front grille yet on my ZR2. The only thing the BCM reprogram is needed for is to turn on the fog light indicating lamp on the instrument panel. Otherwise you can use a trigger relay with the factory fog/headlamp switch S30.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
No.
The factory fog light kit comes with the MIA harness pieces, that you have to wire into the back of the fuse panel, trigger wire, and upgraded switch with BCM flash code. I guess I missed conveying that part with my last post.
Non-ZR2 Colorado's don't even have wiring for them, unless ordered with.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do the kit instructions detail which relay in the fuse box gets wired to the fog lights?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I know this is an old post new to the site KR46 relay is a non serviceable relay which is located in the printed circuit board in the under hood fuse block controlled by the BCM controlled by GM programing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts