Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I really doubt my next set of tires will be duratracs. They are good at everything, but that’s it, not great at anything.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
These are mine after 7k miles on them.

I run them at 37 psi, these are the Oem 265-65-17 size from when Chevy had that 10$ each tire website price mistake.

Kinda surprised the edges are wearing already since the tread lines on the edge tread blocks are becoming smooth already. Maybe I need to inflate them higher?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
These are mine after 7k miles on them.

I run them at 37 psi, these are the Oem 265-65-17 size from when Chevy had that 10$ each tire website price mistake.

Kinda surprised the edges are wearing already since the tread lines on the edge tread blocks are becoming smooth already. Maybe I need to inflate them higher?

What are other ZR2 owners running for pressure in the stock tires?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I keep mine at 35

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there any tire comparable to the stock tire that you can get in larger diameters? I love how smooth and light they are. I wanted something with more ply to protect against mesquite thorns but I would rather not have stiff sidewalls. I love their windy paved backroad high speed performance as well as offroad grip. I dont want to go mud terrains.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Is there any tire comparable to the stock tire that you can get in larger diameters? I love how smooth and light they are. I wanted something with more ply to protect against mesquite thorns but I would rather not have stiff sidewalls. I love their windy paved backroad high speed performance as well as offroad grip. I dont want to go mud terrains.
Falken Wildpeak AT3's seem to be the tire of choice for the ZR2 community, I'm happy with the 255/80's I recently installed. A E rated tire it is a bit heavy but I really didn't notice any change in braking or acceleration.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Rotated every oil change. 27,000 miles. 8/32. This tire has taken everything throw at it. Nasty PA winter this year. When it's time, i do believe a fresh set is going back on.

35 PSI

21 - 28 of 28 Posts