Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Absolutely ridiculous.....$27 a PIECE??

I did some brief researching about center caps. I wanted to put black GMC center caps (with red GMC logo) on my Canyon OEM wheels. First off....they’re ridiculously expensive and I don’t even know why. I managed to find cheaper ones - but discovered the logo was a ‘sticker’. Ugh....

Well, I gave up and just enjoy the truck for what it is (and other hobbies came into play and the money just went....elsewhere).

I would say - Colorado & Canyon center caps are interchangeable - but I can’t say that for a fact (because I never actually tried it).

I would contact your local dealership to verify (for certain) and/or ask your dealer how much for a set directly thru dealer. AND / OR call GMpartsDirect and ask them about their return policy.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Pop the ones you have off and paint them, plasti-dip is cheap as hell. I believe under $5 a can, and a can will do all four wheels, not just the center caps. If your really lazy just tape off around the center cap and lay a few layers on. If it comes out shitty, peel it off and try again..

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
For what it is worth I paid $70 shipped for mine off ebay. 23115617 was the part they were listed under. Yes still expensive but so worth it to me.

Fit perfect. They are the black caps with silver bowtie. Also found a trick to get the stock ones off without pulling the wheels.

·
Registered
724 Posts
For what it is worth I paid $70 shipped for mine off ebay. 23115617 was the part they were listed under. Yes still expensive but so worth it to me.

Fit perfect. They are the black caps with silver bowtie. Also found a trick to get the stock ones off without pulling the wheels.
So what's the trick? It seems like they will pry off, but I couldn't get anything to do it without leaving a mark.
Just Googled it and found duct tape and suction cups. I'll have to give them a try.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So what's the trick? It seems like they will pry off, but I couldn't get anything to do it without leaving a mark.
Just Googled it and found duct tape and suction cups. I'll have to give them a try.
Get some 3m double sided tape. Clean the stock caps with alcohol. Cut a small strip and pinch it to give something for pliers to grab onto. Stick it on the cap and just pull the cap off with 1 quick motion.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Was this for all four? I have been looking for some black center caps but don't want to shell out over $100... I have found some for less than $50 on ebay but not sure that they will fit. Can you share the link to where you got yours?

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
From what I have seen, the ones in the $40 range are generics with black stickers on them. Not a good choice. I really wonder about those $70 ones. They said they had minor scratches and shipped in a generic box.
When I had my Tacoma, I found a great deal on OEM mud flaps on ebay. Turns out the guy was stealing mud flaps off of trucks to fill his orders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.