Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an issue with the bed hitting the cab? I have a nice dent on the back passenger corner of the cab at the top of the bed corner. My local dealer is working with me to get it resolved but so far Chevrolet is not being helpful.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
No problem here, I have beat on it a little bit, but kept all four tires on the ground. What made this occur?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
It had to be done on assembly. I've had my truck on two wheels, and you can't put any more twisting torque on it than that, and it doesn't even get close. I dont think there's any way you could make the bed hit the cab. Heck, the tailgate opens and closes just fine on two wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I don't get it, the Chevy service rep declined to repair it under warranty saying I abused it. I'm worried there is something wrong with my frame, I know its not likely but I don't want it to look like the Tacoma's that break.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I would try a different place.

Does the corner of the bed have any matching marks or damage?

Aside from some kind of epic launch airborne, I just don't see it hitting. And with an airborne landing hard enough to make it contact, I'd think there would be plenty of other evidence to back up their abuse claim.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
You talking about this?

No way that was caused by the bed while being attached to the truck.

Never happen that way, biggie abused jump or not, just no way

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
You talking about this?

No way that was caused by the bed while being attached to the truck.

Never happen that way, biggie abused jump or not, just no way

That's a picture from my truck, not OP. OP requested a picture of my "factory installed" dent.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
That's a picture from my truck, not OP. OP requested a picture of my "factory installed" dent.
Ahhh gothca, yeah didnt notice who posted the pic at that moment of reply, just that one was asked for and then there way one :wink2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
IF the circled dimple is the damage I'd learn to live with it. IF you try to repair that you're going to do a lot of painting - and then you'll have that mismatch to deal with. NOT worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i'm sure PDR can remove that. they'll probably will have to remove some panels or try to get their tool behind it and push the dent back out. i've had 3 dents removed by our local PDR guys and very satisfied with their work.

Reactions: dave66rivi

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
My truck had dings in various areas from the factory.

I made them do PDF on all of them and we are good now.

I even had a small ding in the stainless trim under the bumper.

I am not sure what they are doing there.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
No Dings Here - - -

I just have a generic Cyber Gray Colorado LT CCSB.

However, it wasn't a "lot truck" or had to be transferred from another dealer.

I ordered it out and picked it up. . .. ding free ! :laugh:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yeah I don't get it, the Chevy service rep declined to repair it under warranty saying I abused it. I'm worried there is something wrong with my frame, I know its not likely but I don't want it to look like the Tacoma's that break.
That's a bit troublesome if a ZR2 designed to be an off-road truck can handle some off-road abuse...a bed should not be hitting the cab, don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. When you say Chevy is not helping are you saying the dealer is being the problem? if the latter is the case I would call Chevy direct and request to speak to a district manager about the problem.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
One has to wonder what is going on at the factory as the damage is all pretty much was there from the time of build.

One of mine was even from the inside out so it had to have happened before paint. None had any paint damage which also shows it was plant damage possibly before the build.

The QC at the plant we already know is poor for paint and the body panels appear to be the same.

I am very picky and some of my marks were things many would not notice are care about. But I did find them and they were repaired before I agreed on the purchase.

The quality of paint and bodies just appears to be very hit and miss no pun intended.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's a bit troublesome if a ZR2 designed to be an off-road truck can handle some off-road abuse...a bed should not be hitting the cab, don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. When you say Chevy is not helping are you saying the dealer is being the problem? if the latter is the case I would call Chevy direct and request to speak to a district manager about the problem.
I had the service manager call the District manager on it, I have an extremely good relationship with them. I've bought 3 new cars this year, 2 last year, and 2 the year before that and so on. The district manager and I quote said "I know what he does with that truck and I'm not covering it, he abuses it." Keep in mind the truck has 1700 miles on it. I'm going to see if I can arrange for me to have the truck there when he is there, its clearly a factory build issue cause you can see down the entire length of the cab where the bed hit the truck during assembly. It would be physically impossible for the bed to hit the cab in that manner with a frame that is bending under load.

Picture 1 is where you can clearly see the top of the bed hit the cab just under the rear window, picture 2 is where you can see a faint mark in the paint where the bedside hit the cab. Its about a 1' long mark, its hard to see as the picture didn't come out extremely clear.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.