Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is "a little" off topic but you've got to hear this crazy short story. I haven't had my ZR2 but a few weeks and haven't seen but one other one in my area though I know they're out there. I work at the airport here in Austin and our office is on the backside of the airport and not real easy to find. Park the truck right outside the office but like I said we're hidden up inside the airport, anyway; so I'm sitting at my desk screwing around reading one of the delete threads and had just finished reading a post by a guy, user name Suns_PSD, when someone walks into my office looking a little lost. He asks me "Hey, is that your new ZR2 sitting out there?" I tell him it is and he starts telling me he's just ordered a brand new Canyon should be here, I think he said next week. I see him glance over at my computer screen and he sees Coloradofans.com on the screen and says "I'm a member there, go by the name of @Suns_PSD". Couldn't believe it! What are the odds that while I'm sitting here on CF, just finished reading one of his posts when he walks in to ask me about that ZR2 out front!?! Wow, what a crazy yet small world. Went outside and he checked out the Z, we shot the **** for a while and then he had a call and had to take off. Turns out he's a pretty nice guy too. Well, just thought I'd share this pretty odd coincidence with you guys.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I thought I waited and lurked awhile on here before I bought my truck, but damn, feels like Suns' been waiting forever...
It's true. I was planning on buying a twin when they first came out but things didn't quite work out that way. Now I supposed to pick up my '18 next week.

·
Registered
893 Posts
cool. I see a lot too and wonder same thing. How do you like zr2? ive got 16 diesel Colorado and dealer has silver zr2 coming ordered. Should be here in 3 weeks. Im either going to take it or go back to 18 Tacoma off road . I have 45k miles on mine and been good. Some issues but not bad. I sure like interior better on Tacoma and push button start and all safety features. But seats are still not adjustable but now my back and stuff is fixed I can handle it. Colorado more comfort

·
Registered
185 Posts
Code:
cool. I see a lot too and wonder same thing. How do you like zr2? ive got 16 diesel Colorado and dealer has silver zr2 coming ordered. Should be here in 3 weeks. Im either going to take it or go back to 18 Tacoma off road . I have 45k miles on mine and been good. Some issues but not bad. I sure like interior better on Tacoma and push button start and all safety features. But seats are still not adjustable but now my back and stuff is fixed I can handle it. Colorado more comfort

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The only other ZR2 in my area (Harbor Springs/petoskey MI area), besides mine, lives less than 2 miles from me and works 2 buildings down from where I work lol. Maybe one day I'll introduce myself! It's a pretty Cajun red unit.

If you're on here and reading this...I have the Deepwood Green Metallic crew cab ZR2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I here I thought the story was going to continue.....

So to our surprise in walks a couple of college coeds on summer vacation, apparently they were killing time at a nearby beach & got stuck. They asked, who owns the sexy ZR2? We need a tow & can make it "worth your while", and so off we went...... :rofl

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have yet to see one in my area. I work about 60 miles of I-10 and have yet to come across one while working. I have been looking for one so I can speak to the owner about it and take a look at it. I will be heading to San Antonio this weekend so if I can find one I will have to look for myself. Looking forward to a purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.