·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do this add?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm... looks interesting. I just replaced my Canyon's steps with those ZR2 sliders and while I can get into my truck easily, my brother who is older and shorter, has a hard time getting in without a step. This could be a solution.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was looking at those earlier, I will more than likely have to pull the trigger on them at some point. Having a ZR2 and being short is tough. My skinny jeans have to stretch a lot to get up into the truck. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
4,056 Posts
For those not actually using their sliders on rocks I'd recommend selling them and buying a real step like the Tyger Star Armor steps. They look like traditional sliders but aren't and they provide much better stability for ingress/egress.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those not actually using their sliders on rocks I'd recommend selling them and buying a real step like the Tyger Star Armor steps. They look like traditional sliders but aren't and they provide much better stability for ingress/egress.
And that is the problem, will these little add-ons still allow me to slide over rocks or will they just get bent or torn off and be useless. I know I can take them off before i go though.So that is a possibility.

·
Super Moderator
4,056 Posts
And that is the problem, will these little add-ons still allow me to slide over rocks or will they just get bent or torn off and be useless. I know I can take them off before i go though.So that is a possibility.
I wouldn't use them on an off-road rig. They'll snag on rocks if you catch it on an end piece.

I brush up against rocks all the time on accident and on purpose.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have Tyger steps on my Jeep, they are pretty tough but my Jeep is lifted so it really doesn't come close to bottoming out on the trails I have. The truck is just leveled and close. I don't think this add on presents that much of a snag issue. I like the sliders because they are tight to the rocker and I am 6', ok 5'11" and a half rounded up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts