Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been doing a ton of research into lifts as I'm preparing to pull the trigger. However I can't seem to find the differences between the Zone and BDS 5.5 lift? I know they are sister companies so they probably share most of the same components, but the only diffence I see is the shock themselves. But both can be upgraded to the fox (which I plan on doing) so why is BDS 1800 and Zone 1300? Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for dredging up an old thread...

I've been looking at these two kits as well. I found a few differences. The Zone kit has boxed channel cross-members whereas the BDS are laser cut and "look nicer".

However, the big difference is how the front drive shaft is dealt with. The BDS uses an indexing ring to rotate the transfer case, whereas the Zone kit uses a spacer for the drive-shaft. This probably reduces installation costs significantly, as there is no need to pull the rear drive shaft and the transfer case to install the indexing ring.

Possible impact could be reduced life on the front d/s due to higher angles.

I would venture to say that one should chose one or the other based on how much off-roading you plan to do;

Frequent off-roading in 4WD, choose the BDS. Infrequent, choose Zone.

Just MHO..and willing to listen to other opinions.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
16'Trailboss edition-K&Ncai-DirtKing ucas-Peak2.0coilovers-GM performance exhaust-SupermodulationTB-
949 Posts
Sorry for dredging up an old thread...

I've been looking at these two kits as well. I found a few differences. The Zone kit has boxed channel cross-members whereas the BDS are laser cut and "look nicer".

However, the big difference is how the front drive shaft is dealt with. The BDS uses an indexing ring to rotate the transfer case, whereas the Zone kit uses a spacer for the drive-shaft. This probably reduces installation costs significantly, as there is no need to pull the rear drive shaft and the transfer case to install the indexing ring.

Possible impact could be reduced life on the front d/s due to higher angles.

I would venture to say that one should chose one or the other based on how much off-roading you plan to do;

Frequent off-roading in 4WD, choose the BDS. Infrequent, choose Zone.

Just MHO..and willing to listen to other opinions.

Thanks!!
I also noticed the extra part in the pictures lol. Im actually wondering how my dirt king UCAs will work with these kits as i sold my oem UCAs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.