Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry tried doing a search but z71 doesnt come up.....(not enough characters). Anyways, how big of a difference is this suspension vs. stock. I can get the stock z71 coilovers and rear shocks cheap. Just not sure if its worth it. Im planning on doing a mild lift 1.25 spacer up front with a 1 inch block in the rear. Should I swap in the z71 parts or just leave it be with the stock set up.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I can tell you with a surety that they are different.

When i was taking the leveling kit off my SLE diesel and transfering to my all terrain diesel(which carriers z71 suspension) the front spring had 2 more coils (but same height) and they are labeled different xxl vs xxg on the tag/barcode.

but if you wanted data... a:???:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BUMP Anyone?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Stock Z71's don't have true coil-overs; they have "independent coil-over-shocks" but when we are talking "coil-overs", this is not the same thing. Coil-overs have don't have independent shocks and springs, the bottom of the spring locates on an adjustable bevel that is threaded to the lower or upper shaft of the shock allowing for adjustment and even a small amount of lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.