Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Colorado Z71 CCSB only has the "Z71" decals at the left and right rear sides of the bed. Recently, I saw a few Colorados that had a Z71 emblem on the drivers and passengers doors. Is this something new? I bought my truck new in February 2017 (this year).

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2017 Colorado Z71 CCSB only has the "Z71" decals at the left and right rear sides of the bed. Recently, I saw a few Colorados that had a Z71 emblem on the drivers and passengers doors. Is this something new? I bought my truck new in February 2017 (this year).

I have the emblems on my 17 CCSB. Mine came as part of the midnight package. Purchased in August so not sure when they made the emblems available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the emblems on my 17 CCSB. Mine came as part of the midnight package. Purchased in August so not sure when they made the emblems available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, they were part of the midnight package on my 2016 as well.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

If you're looking for a set you can pick them up on Ebay pretty cheap and they do come in a lot of different configurations. They are also OEM quality and cost a lot less than buying them from the dealer. I picked up a set of "Duramax Diesel" Emblems for my Z71 and only paid $15.00 for both, Dealer wanted about $40.00 a piece. Darned if I could see the difference between the two.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're looking for a set you can pick them up on Ebay pretty cheap and they do come in a lot of different configurations. They are also OEM quality and cost a lot less than buying them from the dealer. I picked up a set of "Duramax Diesel" Emblems for my Z71 and only paid $15.00 for both, Dealer wanted about $40.00 a piece. Darned if I could see the difference between the two.
Do they use adhesive for the install?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I did the Duramax and Z71 emblems on my tailgate. Seemed a little bare to me. I got mine off eBay and they have held up perfectly fine to weekly washings and a year in the TX heat:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, they use the same 3M adhesive as the OEM emblems. I wouldn't be surprised if the people that make these emblems also make them for GM which then charges 6X the price.
Thanks for the info! I'm a Harley owner as well. When it comes to aftermarket parts for my bike, the quality is just as good, not to mention the savings. For some parts, the savings in price can be more than $ 100.00!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.