1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah, I sent him an email letting him know he didn't do his research well enough, especially on the tow ratings for a ZR2. He's usually really thorough but he missed out on the DSSV shocks, the marketplace aps, the other skid plates, the AWD setting and some minor things concerning the accessory light bar and the ZR2 labeled ones on the midnight and dusk editions. It appears he didn't have an owner's manual in his rental because there are lot more differences between a Z71 and ZR2.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, I sent him an email letting him know he didn't do his research well enough, especially on the tow ratings for a ZR2. He's usually really thorough but he missed out on the DSSV shocks, the marketplace aps, the other skid plates, the AWD setting and some minor things concerning the accessory light bar and the ZR2 labeled ones on the midnight and dusk editions. It appears he didn't have an owner's manual in his rental because there are lot more differences between a Z71 and ZR2.

It's his MO though. No research, just show up and drive it on camera, and pick out some **** you want to make jokes about (don't bother with research here either), watch comments fill with ree. Seems to work.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Saw this today also.....

Why does he keep calling it a car?
Comparing the handling to a luxury car, really?
"The BAR"
ZR3?
:grin2:

I do like Doug's reviews......makes for some good humor.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah I usually like Doug's reviews, he gets ahold of some crazy rides.
Didn't do the ZR2 justice though. There's about 80 things he could of touched on, left them out.
Kind of a **** review, even though he did say the ZR2 was the coolest mid-sized truck... But it's a rental, so :clueless

·
Registered
444 Posts
I thought it was a pretty crappy review. Of course the ZR2 isn't going to accelerate as fast as a super car, duh. I'd love to see more apples to apples comparison but can tell that's now how he rolls.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nope! Nope nope nope nope nope.

I'm trying to imagine someone "renting" my ZR2, playing with all the 4wd settings, crawling all over it, leaning/elbows all over the hood, and filming a marginal, if not eyeroll-inducing review while driving it on camera.

And the truck is complete with a "Roots" sticker on the back window. My eyes are officially strained.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts