Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I?m sure many of you have seen my previous threads and thank you all for responding. This is what I think I?m gonna do.
Ready lift 1.25 lift up front with all stock components.

1 inch block in rear with eibach pro sport truck shocks (+1 inch) I like the stock rake and want to keep it. I also have a top which weighs down the rear a bit.

What are your thoughts on this set up? Any negative with different shocks in the rear?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Why would you upgrade the shocks in the rear, but not the front? The benefits of adding Eibachs or Bilsteins is in the ride quality, which is most affected by the heavier front end. Skip readylift and get the Eibachs all around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why would you upgrade the shocks in the rear, but not the front? The benefits of adding Eibachs or Bilsteins is in the ride quality, which is most affected by the heavier front end. Skip readylift and get the Eibachs all around.
Totally agree. I uninstalled my 1.25" spacers after 4 months and installed Bilsteins set at 2" lift + Bilsteins on the back with a 1" block. The ride is much better and the stance is perfect, with 1" of rake. I did the installation myself, so the additional expense wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Call me overcautios. I don?t trust the rha Bilstein type set up. I?ve been part of a previous failure and while it?s prob beyond rare. It?s scarred me from doing it in the future.
Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump anyone else?

·
Registered
802 Posts
ok, I'l try....
I had the zone 1.25 spacer, it was ok but I wanted a little more height. I went with the Eibach RHA's in the front along with their 2+ Springs, if the RHA's scare you , then you can keep the RHA's set at 0 or plus .7 max. This gives you options as you or your truck grow. I have their Pro Truck shocks in the rear with the ZR2 lift block. Couldn't be more happier with the ride, the rake and components. If I had the cash avail, it would be coil-overs and upper control arms up fronts, cant go wrong there if you can afford it.
There's so many options out there, it's really what you think will work the best for you and your preferences.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You think the Fox coilovers would ride better than the stock? Keep in mind that I?m mainly looking for better on road manners. I?m barely off-road.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If you want on road manners, don’t touch anything. If you must change something (this applies to most of us here including myself), get a high quality oem replacement like a bilstein. From my experience with coilovers, they tend to ride “bouncy” on the highway as they are valved for off-road, not on road. Also, if you barley go offroad, don’t waste all that money on coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Reactions: G2SKIER

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like the idea but think that it?s the same as the eibach and billstein set up. It doesn?t look like the plate that holds the coil in is either welded or the same piece as the shock housing. My concern is with that little plate coming out of that groove

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.