Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think the OP was interested in "anecdotal" experiences and opinions based our trucks and the how the possible effects of "babying" our trucks may affect reliability negatively.

Respectfully,
Akicita
And I think "babying" our trucks will negatively affect reliability in the long run.

Respectfully

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drive my 2017 like an old man (because I am one). Drive easy on the throttle with mpg in mind. Around town average around 19, towing 12ish. Only major issue was the A/C condenser, Part was reasonable, labor was high, and Freon replacement was insane. Stuck with a $1000 bill all told. Still cheaper than a new truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2019 ZR2/3.6/trifecta
Going to preface with the fact that I'm an idiot lol. Because of this, I like to pretend that I'm BJ Baldwin and Ken Block at the same time and drive the piss out of my truck. Hit redline at least once a day, only like to slide when there's snow or higher rates of speed on dirt (tires are expensive) . Regular maintenance and fluid changes and my truck has been trouble free.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Accidentally redlined a Porsche 356A maybe 30 years ago. Never been within 500 RPMs of one since. I have an elderly stick M series BMW roadster, currently, along with an Audi and a Colorado.

Why would you?
You drive performance cars and don't take them up to redline? That's why it exists. Durability tests for modern engines like the LS's often including taking them up to redline and having them sit there for hours, if not days. I can't imagine owning an M car and not exploring the upper reaches of the tach routinely.

I paid for or built 308, 450 and 650 horses, damned if I'm not going to use them. :D

I'm not saying you need to spin you Colorado to 7k every time you hit the grocery store, but it's good to run it up to redline once in a while.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You drive performance cars and don't take them up to redline? That's why it exists. Durability tests for modern engines like the LS's often including taking them up to redline and having them sit there for hours, if not days. I can't imagine owning an M car and not exploring the upper reaches of the tach routinely.

I paid for or built 308, 450 and 650 horses, damned if I'm not going to use them. :D

I'm not saying you need to spin you Colorado to 7k every time you hit the grocery store, but it's good to run it up to redline once in a while.
If it was an aircooled porsche they had valve issues that you constantly had to correct when you beat on them.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts