Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, finally ready to show off a few things with my ZR2.

So, first off let me say that I have had a lot of the work done for me. Hat's off to the guys that do all their own stuff, I know it's way cooler than having it done. My decision was two fold for going that way. First some of this stuff I just don't feel comfortable doing myself and secondly it's a new truck. If an installer messes up, they will fix it (even they don't want to) but if I mess up installing then I have to deal with it. In the end, the work was very reasonable so I that helped with the decision.

So in the picture, you see:

2018 ZR2 ccsb. Deepwood Green.

Anzo Black Projector switchbacks that have been set to only show amber. I still need to work with the installer because I would like them as running lights (always on when the truck is on).

Complete undercoating by Line-x (cool stuff masked off of course).

Tow hooks are Line-Xed in Hugger Orange.

Maps lights and dome are changed to Diode Dynamics LEDs.

What you can't see (yet)

Outer rims are lined in line-x (Hugger Orange). They still need to be cleaned up from painting so no reveal yet.

More pics to follow:
Tonneau cover is a rolling Bak X2 Revolver.

Bed divider is a 2x10 that I sanded to round off the corner and then is covered with with a foil covered tape and black Line-x. The board cost me $8 and my Line-x dealer sprayed for free because he wanted to see what it looked like. Came out pretty good but not perfect (you will see in the pictures). Not bad for the price.

Installing a little later this week:
Winch:
Smittybilt 97412 XRC Winch - 12000 lb. Load Capacity in 2" receiver cradle for back of vehicle with 0 gauge wire and quick connects.

3 point receiver for my tractor (Kioti NX5510 HST) and same wiring setup so either truck or tractor can use the winch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I've been waiting for you to start a build thread! Truck looks awesome with those lights. I like the smoked out look. I've been debating popping mine apart and blacking out everything but the high beam reflector area. Can't wait to see the wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good! Would love to see what the line-x undercoating looks like
Here are some pics of the undercoating. Keep in mind with any undercoating it's not the first coat that makes the difference. It's getting that inspection continuing from year to year and jumping on problem areas. I have a lifetime warranty and yearly inspections and touch ups. I'll be right there under the truck with them and pointing out any problems. I think that is the key.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another couple Pics of the Anzo lights. This time I got a little bit of the rims with it. Second pic shows Black Anzo headlights (engine off) headlights are set to be on during engine run with amber U-bars to go with green paint. Not using the white U-bars.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So here are the contents of my wheeling kit. The highlights include a Smittybuilt 5.6 CFM tire inflator, Milwaukee cordless driver and bit set, 3 tree savers, 3 snatch blocks (22k WLL), 2 - 7/16" dia. Extreme Soft Shackles (42,000 Lbs), ARB tire deflator, ARB tire gauge, 3/8 chain (20'),30 foot braided rope (3/8"), various hand tools including: crow bar, hammer, pliers, vise grips, wire cutters and a box cutter, large shovel and 2 ratchet straps tie downs. Not pictured: Milwaukee HackZall (with various bladed for wood and metal cutting), loppers, Husqvarna 562xp chainsaw and extra 90' ASR synthetic winch rope.

What does your wheeling kit look like?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Added a Rough Country - 72730BL - 30-inch Black Series Single Row Curved CREE LED Light Bar. Mounted this in back of grille. The light output is awesome and with the mount behind the grille, it is very difficult to even see if not looking for it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Nice install and look with the light bar...any other modifications for the install or fitment? Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok, finally ready to show off a few things with my ZR2.

So, first off let me say that I have had a lot of the work done for me. Hat's off to the guys that do all their own stuff, I know it's way cooler than having it done. My decision was two fold for going that way. First some of this stuff I just don't feel comfortable doing myself and secondly it's a new truck. If an installer messes up, they will fix it (even they don't want to) but if I mess up installing then I have to deal with it. In the end, the work was very reasonable so I that helped with the decision.

So in the picture, you see:

2018 ZR2 ccsb. Deepwood Green.

Anzo Black Projector switchbacks that have been set to only show amber. I still need to work with the installer because I would like them as running lights (always on when the truck is on).

Complete undercoating by Line-x (cool stuff masked off of course).

Tow hooks are Line-Xed in Hugger Orange.

Maps lights and dome are changed to Diode Dynamics LEDs.

What you can't see (yet)

Outer rims are lined in line-x (Hugger Orange). They still need to be cleaned up from painting so no reveal yet.

More pics to follow:
Tonneau cover is a rolling Bak X2 Revolver.

Bed divider is a 2x10 that I sanded to round off the corner and then is covered with with a foil covered tape and black Line-x. The board cost me $8 and my Line-x dealer sprayed for free because he wanted to see what it looked like. Came out pretty good but not perfect (you will see in the pictures). Not bad for the price.

Installing a little later this week:
Winch:
Smittybilt 97412 XRC Winch - 12000 lb. Load Capacity in 2" receiver cradle for back of vehicle with 0 gauge wire and quick connects.

3 point receiver for my tractor (Kioti NX5510 HST) and same wiring setup so either truck or tractor can use the winch.

Hey how did you get the headlights to DRL amber ? did the just rewire them. I love the look

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.