Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have OEM fogs on my 2016 CCSBLT Duramax... Looking for Non-Fog blanks, will to trade straight across. You pay all shipping, to include getting your blanks to me and getting my housings to you, when I inspect and accept condition I will ship mine out to you immediately. You pay 100% all shipping... Non negotiable as you are getting a free upgrade. I need the blanks to retrofit some fogs of my own. Does not include wiring, or the headlamp switch that includes OEM fog button, unless you send your non fog headlamp switch. Heads up, you WILL need BCM reflash to make the OEM fog lamp switch work, and will also need to populate the underhood fuse box with the circuits required to run them. Dealers will sell you the retrofit kit if you choose to go that route. Honestly I won't need the switch as I run a SwitchPros SP8200... Lmk

Edit
I found a set and they are inbound. Will likely need more depending on how these turn out... If they come out I'm going to produce them for Colorado's locally as a kit with with rigids

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have OEM fogs on my 2016 CCSBLT Duramax... Looking for Non-Fog blanks, will to trade straight across. You pay all shipping, to include getting your blanks to me and getting my housings to you, when I inspect and accept condition I will ship mine out to you immediately. You pay 100% all shipping... Non negotiable as you are getting a free upgrade. I need the blanks to retrofit some fogs of my own. Does not include wiring, or the headlamp switch that includes OEM fog button, unless you send your non fog headlamp switch. Heads up, you WILL need BCM reflash to make the OEM fog lamp switch work, and will also need to populate the underhood fuse box with the circuits required to run them. Dealers will sell you the retrofit kit if you choose to go that route. Honestly I won't need the switch as I run a SwitchPros SP8200... Lmk

While you do not specifically say, I assume that CCSBLT implies a Colorado. If the transaction doesn't pan out with the other OP, I still have my blanks from my 2016 Colorado. They were on the vehicle for about two weeks until I purchased the OEM fog lamp kit and I consider them to be in excellent condition. As far as I am concerned, they are yours for the shipping cost. Let me know.

Reactions: hacklerjason

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While you do not specifically say, I assume that CCSBLT implies a Colorado. If the transaction doesn't pan out with the other OP, I still have my blanks from my 2016 Colorado. They were on the vehicle for about two weeks until I purchased the OEM fog lamp kit and I consider them to be in excellent condition. As far as I am concerned, they are yours for the shipping cost. Let me know.
This is a Colorado forum
CCSBLT = Crew Cab Short Box LT
I would love to purchase your blanks, the gentleman that replied earlier cannot locate his. If you can ship asap that would be great, I have Rigid SR-M2 on the way and I need the blanks to install. I got so tired of trying to source 5202 bulbs that fit properly I gave up. All of them are either tabbed incorrectly, or seal poorly, or just feel cheap... I decided to just go with rigid retrofits to match the rears... I have a bar up front. While it isn't a rigid, it will be shortly.... Attached are some teasers... Name your price for the blanks themselves, the postage, and a little extra for your trouble. I will PM you the address for shipping quote purposes

Have these on the way

·
Registered
444 Posts
This is a Colorado forum
It's also a Canyon forum. :nerd:
The blanks are different. Hence why he wanted to clarify.

I have Rigid SR-M2 on the way and I need the blanks to install. I got so tired of trying to source 5202 bulbs that fit properly I gave up. All of them are either tabbed incorrectly, or seal poorly, or just feel cheap...
I was looking for Canyon Fog Light Blanks a while back for a similar reason. Typically, if someone has a set of blanks, they already upgraded to fog lights, and are willing to let the blanks go cheap if not free. It looks like you have a lead on a set, but if it falls through, good luck on your search!
I found some 5202 LEDs that fit well, and have been nice, but they will never come close to comparing to the rigid lights.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's also a Canyon forum. :nerd:
The blanks are different. Hence why he wanted to clarify.

I was looking for Canyon Fog Light Blanks a while back for a similar reason. Typically, if someone has a set of blanks, they already upgraded to fog lights, and are willing to let the blanks go cheap if not free. It looks like you have a lead on a set, but if it falls through, good luck on your search!
I found some 5202 LEDs that fit well, and have been nice, but they will never come close to comparing to the rigid lights.
I had really bad luck getting my hands on a good set of 5202... One won't clip into the housing, one needs tabs cut off so the electrical connector will fit, and the last one doesn't have either of those problems and fits perfect, but is 5000k and not 6000k as advertised... So I scrapped the whole plan and went this route. I have a set of blanks inbound from a guy in here, I appreciate the response though. I'm gonna edit the OP to notate as such

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
More pics!

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finished the other side tonight... Will be clipping the oem 5202 connector and repinning with Deutsch connectors then installing. Also plan to cut into the fog light power circuit right after it leaves the relay, and intercepting the circuit with my sp8200 to make them dance...

Also considering:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Nice! Interested to see what they look like on the truck and at night

·
Registered
121 Posts
Man, that's perfect dispersion with the light bar. Sorry I didn't notice this until now or I would have sent you mine.
It's the story of my life though. I waited and waited for someone to offer the Stock Fog light covers. I ended up going with these instead.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Reactions: hacklerjason

·
Registered
444 Posts

^^^Parks x "Fogs"

^^^Parks x "Fogs"
So much fail. :surprise: Oh my god, they are practically pointing straight to the side. How does this in ANY way help you?
It would have made so much more sense to make a plate to mount those to the stock fog light trim so that they are at least pointing in the right direction...

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
So much fail. :surprise: Oh my god, they are practically pointing straight to the side. How does this in ANY way help you?
It would have made so much more sense to make a plate to mount those to the stock fog light trim so that they are at least pointing in the right direction...
They aren't fogs anymore they're wide "ditch" lights for when I go deep crawling at the mall

The stock lamps were so yellow I never once turned them on. These have at least been turned on... I actually don't need fogs at all, they came with the Duramax. They are also strobed by my sp8200, how does that make you feel? All my auxiliary lights strobe, how does that make you feel? I'm really happy to have enough money to spend on things that make people mad. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has them and they all stink. What do you think I should buy next?

·
Registered
444 Posts
They aren't fogs anymore they're "ditch" lights for what I go deep crawling at the mall

The stock lamps were so yellow I never once turned them on. These have at least been turned on... I actually don't need fogs at all, they came with the Duramax. They are also strobed by my sp8200, how does that make you feel? All my auxiliary lights strobe, how does that make you feel? I'm really happy to have enough money to spend on things that make people mad. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has them and they all stink. What do you think I should buy next?

LOL

Strobing lights. Cool. And the point of that is...?

You might as well just get red and blue flashing lights, and wire them so they are always on when the truck is on. That's what you should buy next.
I am not mad that you wasted your time and money. What you eat doesn't make me ****.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.