Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy/trade for a ZR2 hood in summit white. I have a 2019 Z71 in summit white in excellent condition and I would love to swap or replace my hood for the one that comes with the ZR2 model. I'm located in Socal.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Not gonna be easy finding one since the ZR2 hood is considered an upgrade.

You spent what, $35K on your new truck....... buy the hood and just slap it on. Total cost should be around $1500ish, give or take a few bucks. If you need to know any details on whats involved, check out this topic.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Actually, this is something I'm interested in, however I have a diesel Bison, so there are diesel duramax badges on the hood, I also have minor rock chips on the front of the hood. The big thing would be your location, I'm in the Austin, TX area.

For those that think this is crazy, I want the "normal" hood to mount a solar panel, which the bulge on the ZR2 doesn't allow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, this is something I'm interested in, however I have a diesel Bison, so there are diesel duramax badges on the hood, I also have minor rock chips on the front of the hood. The big thing would be your location, I'm in the Austin, TX area.

For those that think this is crazy, I want the "normal" hood to mount a solar panel, which the bulge on the ZR2 doesn't allow.
Yeah I'm not sure how that would work, I'm in Socal and I'm guessing shipping would be ridiculously expensive. Let me do some research and try and get back with you. Thanks for reaching out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not gonna be easy finding one since the ZR2 hood is considered an upgrade.

You spent what, $35K on your new truck....... buy the hood and just slap it on. Total cost should be around $1500ish, give or take a few bucks. If you need to know any details on whats involved, check out this topic.
That was my original plan until I talked to GM when I was ready to buy the parts and they told me I could only buy the hood "primed." I really don't want to spend the time and the additional money to get the new hood painted. I'll keep my hopes up here on the forum and use the buying new as a backup plan.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Yes, that was definitely an added cost. Its one of those things you can either pay $100 to have it painted or a top of the line painter which will set you back at least $500.
But, to me it was worth it to make my truck look the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Not sure if you are the same guy that asked on Facebook but check car-part.com for used parts

Funny thing is I found my zr2 from there at a place in spring valley ca, and its summit white (off a diesel zr2 that wasn't wrecked) after checking multiples times per week.

If it wasn't so hard to find a non dented/wrecked complete hood I would sell you this white one since I need to get it painted or wrapped anyway, but that would set me back trying to find another one , haha.

Reactions: Toughsox
1 - 9 of 9 Posts