Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long shot but I’m looking for a good quality name brand bike carrier in San Diego. Been browsing offerup, Craigslist, FB marketplace and been struggling to get a good deal on a quality carrier. I’ve been using a cheap aluminum hauler but I’ve really grown to dislike it. Looking for a mototote, versahaul, joehauler, ultimate max hauler, etc. I’m even game for a double hauler if you got one(won’t carry two bikes of course).

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Midnight
351 Posts
Long shot but I’m looking for a good quality name brand bike carrier in San Diego. Been browsing offerup, Craigslist, FB marketplace and been struggling to get a good deal on a quality carrier. I’ve been using a cheap aluminum hauler but I’ve really grown to dislike it. Looking for a mototote, versahaul, joehauler, ultimate max hauler, etc. I’m even game for a double hauler if you got one(won’t carry two bikes of course).
I just picked this up this morning down in Northern San Diego. A Kendon motorcycle trailer. I found it on Craig'sList.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just picked this up this morning down in Northern San Diego. A Kendon motorcycle trailer. I found it on Craig'sList.
View attachment 408220
View attachment 408221
I actually have a small boat trailer I plan on putting rails on for 2 or 3 bikes. Unfortunately the trailer doesn’t stay at my house and won’t be convenient to use unless I’m hauling more than just my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keeping a trailer at my house is out of the picture. I know they stow upright but my house is small and no garage space. I need a hitch hauler.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
View attachment 408220
View attachment 408221
Thats a nice looking trailer. My only concerns is even though wouldn't be aerodynamic something needs to be on the front to keep road debris such as small rocks etc. from being thrown from the back tire treads into you bike and chipping up the paint on your bike. Especially if you had a new or newer pristine Harley. Now if you had a dirt bike and didn't have a need to be concerned about cosmetics of bike that trailer would be perfect.

Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thats a nice looking trailer. My only concerns is even though wouldn't be aerodynamic something needs to be on the front to keep road debris such as small rocks etc. from being thrown from the back tire treads into you bike and chipping up the paint on your bike. Especially if you had a new or newer pristine Harley. Now if you had a dirt bike and didn't have a need to be concerned about cosmetics of bike that trailer would be perfect.
I have covers for my motorcycles. I put them on my bikes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know that this isn't on your list, but I've been very happy with this Black Widow. It's rated to 600 lbs. and is real stable when hooked up. I've taken my scooter from Alabama to Colorado and back. No issues.

Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
351 Posts
I know that this isn't on your list, but I've been very happy with this Black Widow. It's rated to 600 lbs. and is real stable when hooked up. I've taken my scooter from Alabama to Colorado and back. No issues.

Those always scare me.
I look at my Ducati and just say....."I can't".
It makes me too nervous worrying about it.
But scooters and dirtbikes=Perfect.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I’ve been eying that one too but prefer the designs of the other ones I mentioned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’ve been eying that one too but prefer the designs of the other ones I mentioned.

Yeah loading is a little "wonky". Wish the ramp was a little longer. But once on and tied down, the bike isn't going anywhere.

Good luck with the search. It's always been my experience that you find exactly what you were looking for after you've settled for "close but not exactly".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts