Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't a fan of the fake wood interior pieces so i wrapped them. Way cheaper then buying new trim from GM. $12 got me a 1'x5' of 3m grey matte from eBay.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
That looks great. I assume you used a heat gun and a slow hand?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a hairdryer. The wrap is very pliable with heat and can get pulled off and reapplied if needed. This is my first time wrapping anything and it only took 15 mins. The door pieces were very easy but the shifter trim took more finesse.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I used a hairdryer. The wrap is very pliable with heat and can get pulled off and reapplied if needed. This is my first time wrapping anything and it only took 15 mins. The door pieces were very easy but the shifter trim took more finesse.

Great look and job of applying! I agree. .. that black matte looks a lot better than the fake wood. The rest of the interior just begs for a black, dark gray, or matte platinum trim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great. Any hints or tips for getting the center console piece off? I've been wanting to wrap mine as well but usually worry about removing interior trim pieces as I almost always break something! Thanks!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Looks great. Any hints or tips for getting the center console piece off? I've been wanting to wrap mine as well but usually worry about removing interior trim pieces as I almost always break something! Thanks!
Try this thread.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Plasti dip doesn't really smell when it is dry. I had it in the interior of my last truck for like 5 years.
i had a couple pieces that I had plastidipped in my old f150. even after it had cured I could smell a bit of that rubbery scent

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.