Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i am wondering what you guys think?
Wouldnt it be cool if they made a tonneau cover that was steel inforced so that you can stack things on top of it?
This would be especially good for ATV and Dirt Bike owners. you can throw your helmets and gear below and your bike will go on top. This would also prevent the pain of having to take your tonneau cover on and off just to carry something large.
What do you guys think?
we could incorperate tie downs too. Maybe slip resistand strips too.
Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would just use a trailer. The added extra weight of something like that plus the weight of whatever you put on top would be too top heavy. Plus the simple fact that it would be a real pain in the ass to get things off of the top of the tonneau!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not like its that much higher, think about it, its only like a foot and halve higher than the tail gate itself. I could also design ramps that fild up.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
1-1/2' is quite a distance when you are talking about a couple hundred pounds.

·
Registered
558 Posts
with 1 sport bike in the back of mine, u can really feel the weight. if that 400 pounds was 1.5' higher up, it would be really bad. CG is very important when hauling something heavy, and some quads weigh 600+ pounds.

it would be nice for lighter stuff like kayaks and bicycles tho.

·
Registered
557 Posts
a buddy of mine puts his quad on top of his tonneau.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Would be ideal for construction like in the boycan link.
Lock all your tools below and put all the materials on top. Acts like a ladder or pipe rack on a truck but your loads would have to be shorter because of the cab.
At least they'd be lower to the ground than a pipe rack.
I'd rather just have the truck bed tool box though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts