Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I am not one to push people to lie. But in this case all these transmissions should be flushed.

Even if you have no shudder issue GM owes everyone the better shifting transmission that comes with the fluid.

My dealer even acknowledged that changing the fluid now was better than waiting as he said odds were it would lead to a converter change.

I was just to an Apple store and I told my wife I wish the Auto industry could adopt and adapt similar service ideas.

Like Apple or not they have some of the best customer service one could ever want. But that also is an effect of such high profits too.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
At the least, GM could clarify this so all dealers were doing the same thing for everyone. Or a mass recall.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am not one to push people to lie. But in this case all these transmissions should be flushed.

Even if you have no shudder issue GM owes everyone the better shifting transmission that comes with the fluid.

My dealer even acknowledged that changing the fluid now was better than waiting as he said odds were it would lead to a converter change.

I was just to an Apple store and I told my wife I wish the Auto industry could adopt and adapt similar service ideas.

Like Apple or not they have some of the best customer service one could ever want. But that also is an effect of such high profits too.
I need to go to your apple store for my mom, ours sucks. Granted I've been in there more times for her in the last year than all 5 of the last gm vehicles we've had combined so I guess they're just tired of me now lol.

Dealer experience does vary, mine has been very accommodating to me. Shoot, I broke my sisters new car within 2 days of having it and they bumped me ahead of the 6 other people there for the same problem. :LOL: The other guys probably weren't so happy though.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
At the least, GM could clarify this so all dealers were doing the same thing for everyone. Or a mass recall.
Generally the auto industry does not do mass recalls unless it is safety related. Even then they will fight it. Jeep fought for a long time on the fuel tank fires.

The cost of recalls would bankrupt most companies fast. That is why they have TSB’s. This way those who complain get taken care of. Also it helps spread out the cost over years vs a recall everyone runs in to get at the same time.

The web has changed the TSB, like in cases like this with no web how many would have gotten the flush let alone know what kind of results to this point are being seen.

Yes you can argue the right or wrong of all this but this is how most of the industry works.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
It seems the main problem is you are telling them you don't have the shudder. Tell them you have it. The TSB says you just have to report a shudder.
But, I've been delaying contacting my dealer for the same reason. I expect push back, because they are all jerks here.
Not true at least around here, I think many have turned this updated SB to read a way it really doesn't? Although my hopes were high that it did read in favor for us without shudder. but have found out otherwise.

All the dealers are insisting shudder must be present, as one actually did drive it. I asked about the no diagnosis, and was told if it has shudder no scope test needed, but must be present with shudder as they will check before doing. So at this point I'm done, I'm at 19,000 and will keep my eyes open if they should eventually include all, but that's highly doubtful? Once I'm at 25,000-30,000 I'm getting it done regardless if I have to pay or do myself?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think its just a matter of dealership. I had shutter on my 2019 at 2,000 miles told my dealership service I have a good relationship with and asked if they wanted to drive it first and they said nope they'd done a several and it was a common thing. I could have been lying and not had the shutter yet and they still would have done it by me just saying I had it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not true at least around here, I think many have turned this updated SB to read a way it really doesn't? Although my hopes were high that it did read in favor for us without shudder. but have found out otherwise.

All the dealers are insisting shudder must be present, as one actually did drive it. I asked about the no diagnosis, and was told if it has shudder no scope test needed, but must be present with shudder as they will check before doing. So at this point I'm done, I'm at 19,000 and will keep my eyes open if they should eventually include all, but that's highly doubtful? Once I'm at 25,000-30,000 I'm getting it done regardless if I have to pay or do myself?
OK so you're bad mouthing GM about a transmission on your truck that is showing no issues but your worried it might? Geezz funny how the world works now a days...If the problem shows up get your truck repaired, otherwise enjoy it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
OK so you're bad mouthing GM about a transmission on your truck that is showing no issues but your worried it might? Geezz funny how the world works now a days...If the problem shows up get your truck repaired, otherwise enjoy it.
That wasn't the point, the point was I originally bought into all the rumors with the updated SB where many claiming no questions, just get it done. I know some got it done without shudder, and after buying into the SB rumors I ran with it, only to get disgusted and find out otherwise. When I posted about a complaint to GM that's when I assumed the SB did cover any complaint as some claimed, and all I got was a run around.

So after 5 different dealers I came to my own conclusion, the updated SB does not include vehicles with no shudder, where no test is needed. The only correct part is yes, test do not need to be preformed but they MUST VERIFY SHUDDER, so in other words test drive to see if shudder is present to qualify, where many look at this as testing, which is not, as the scope test is what they are referring to that doesn't need done if they find shudder present.

And another thing that really aided in my complaint was the so called rumor GM was doing all pre date vehicles on their lot, I have seen no actual documentation of this. So my point with that is, if this rumor is true, and see it in writing, I will then definitely complain to GM about it, as that wouldn't sit good with me.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Just read the above TSB and noticed that it includes the 2017-2019 Colorado’s but only the 2018-2019 Canyons. Does that mean the 2017 Canyon owners are screwed even though the trucks were built in the same plant?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts