Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Please give us a part number aand who you ordered from. Price?
I just ordered the plastic console piece for now to see if I could make my S8+ fit. It was like $56 with shipping. Will still need the wireless charger and harness later. Hoping the wiring is under the console, but I've yet to look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just ordered the plastic console piece for now to see if I could make my S8+ fit. It was like $56 with shipping. Will still need the wireless charger and harness later. Hoping the wiring is under the console, but I've yet to look.

That's a better price than I would have expected, thanks. Was wondering how much it was going to cost me it I messed that piece up.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts

You can likely avoid the scratches like you can see in my pic if you sand down the fake phone used to mold it better than I did.

It takes a good bit of pressure and only heat it from the non visible side or it will turn white as you just about have to make it liquid to get it to move that much.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's a better price than I would have expected, thanks. Was wondering how much it was going to cost me it I messed that piece up.

Thanks.

Yeah it really wasn't that bad, which is why I took the plunge.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can likely avoid the scratches like you can see in my pic if you sand down the fake phone used to mold it better than I did.

It takes a good bit of pressure and only heat it from the non visible side or it will turn white as you just about have to make it liquid to get it to move that much.

I'm going to try to 3D print a phone model using abs first since I no longer have access to woodworking equipment. Hard to tell from your pics, but did you mold both sides of the cubby, or just the one shown? Are you able to drop the phone straight down on to the charger, or do you have to slide it in from the front?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm going to try to 3D print a phone model using abs first since I no longer have access to woodworking equipment. Hard to tell from your pics, but did you mold both sides of the cubby, or just the one shown? Are you able to drop the phone straight down on to the charger, or do you have to slide it in from the front?

I molded both sides the same, it does not drop straight down into the spot but does go in a the natural angle you would normally place it there with.

Discovered today that it did not charge very good, would drop in and out of charge mode so I took a good 3 coil QI charger and ripped the guts out of it. Mounted the coils in place of the stock charger, wired it up and its much stronger. I didn't take pics of the charger swap process, sorry. Was pretty easy though.

Also cut a thin mouse pad to fit and glued it in upside down (rubber side up). Phone sites in there great, does not slide at all and charges perfect. Just he result I was looking for.

Need to figure out what to put in the old chargers indicated light hole now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I molded both sides the same, it does not drop straight down into the spot but does go in a the natural angle you would normally place it there with.

Discovered today that it did not charge very good, would drop in and out of charge mode so I took a good 3 coil QI charger and ripped the guts out of it. Mounted the coils in place of the stock charger, wired it up and its much stronger. I didn't take pics of the charger swap process, sorry. Was pretty easy though.

Also cut a thin mouse pad to fit and glued it in upside down (rubber side up). Phone sites in there great, does not slide at all and charges perfect. Just he result I was looking for.

Need to figure out what to put in the old chargers indicated light hole now.

Sweet, looks good. I was going to use the new oem charger from the bigger trucks, if I went that route, as they're supposed to be stronger.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wireless Charger 13521066 Upgrade

I updated my 2017 charger module from 23248791 to 13521066 cost $105. I purchased new plug 571-2035363-4 Mouser Electronics cost $0.71 plus $6.99 shipping. I removed the pins & wires from the back of the original white plug and installed them into new plug. Took some time and energy but was doable. Plugged unit in and the charging light turned green. Note: Some cutting and modification to the charger plastic holder with Dremmel tool is required to house the new charger unit. Nothing serious. Being careful, it took more time to disassemble and re-assemble the plastics on the console than to install and modify the charger housing. This is a recommended upgrade! Now I got to get a iPhone X! :smile2:

zoz

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just wondering if you ever found out if the wire harness is there under the console, i'm looking to add wireless charging to my 2017 Colorado?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts