Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered the non wireless charging plastic center console piece. I don't have a phone that supports it also, my current phone doesn't even fit there (Pixel XL 2). Beyond that, I wish I could put my wallet there but I'm afraid of nuking my credit/debit cards. Your not supposed to put anything metal there so you cant put any change in that spot, so it was all around useless to me.

Furthermore this truck could use a few more cubby holes and places to put things, specifically loose change. I didn't have a good spot, I was using the tiny hole by the seat heater switches, but that's only good for a buck or two and was quickly going to be not an option. The large hole in the front of the center console is too dark and too big honestly for loose change so it wasn't really an option.

The perfect solution to all my problems was to get rid of the wireless charger and gain another small cubby hole to put loose change and my wallet.

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
Intrested in selling the module and plastic piece?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Also interested if you are going to sell the wireless charger pieces.

·
Registered
83 Posts
would you mind posting up the part number you ordered? I will probably do this delete as well. I agree that more storage is more useful than the wireless charger my phone cant use.

Reactions: GM4ever

·
Registered
83 Posts
Reactions: hyperv6

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
If you want to have even more usable space in the center console, get yourself one of these. :)

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0773S1MF2[/ame]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Intrested in selling the module and plastic piece?
where in Texas are you, if you're close enough to me i'll trade ya. I have no use for the charge pad.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My 2018 Colorado Z71 does not have the wireless charger. What is the part number for it and how do I add it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Reactions: GM4ever

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Will that allow for a cable to make it out from the CarPlay/AndroidAuto USB port inside the console?

Yup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Will that allow for a cable to make it out from the CarPlay/AndroidAuto USB port inside the console?
I can also vouch for that -- plenty of room for the USB wire to come out when using the OCD organizer tray. I have one and it's a great addition. Not expensive either, and made in the U.S. by Salex. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks!!

Well I ordered the non wireless charging plastic center console piece....
Thanks for this info! I had a 2017 without the wireless charger and used that cubby all the time. Then I got a 2019 (replacement from GM under lemon law due to electrical issues). I HATE that useless charging pad. Even the Pixel 2 (not XL) doesn't fit there (and of course can't use it). I'm looking forward to getting my cubby back.

I also have the shelf that fits in the center console. It works great and makes the console feel so much more spacious.

j

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ordered mine early this week along with diesel springs and a buick shifter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank. You. So. Much!

I am 100% going to do this mod!

How do you remove the panel / part to being with?

Easy? Any particular tools?

If you can please describe.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’ve since taken delivery of my truck and would like to proceed with this mod.

Before I order the part, some questions please:

What’s the installation process, what do I have to remove inorder to carry this out? And any special tools necessary?

So there’s a hole in the ‘old’ center console storage compartment for a USB port? When OP says we can reuse our old port, what’smeant by that, as I have 2019 and there’s no port within the current center console storage compartment on my truck.

Last, what is a ‘buick shifter’. Does this mean we can add a BMW-esque shifter to our Colorado’s!?

Thanks and happy trucking! :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts