Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 WT 4X4 longbed
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple of third party vendors offering an attachment that makes CarPlay wireless. About $150 or so. Just put one in the truck, CarPlay is up and running. Amazon Music, Google Maps, WAZE. All while your iPhone stays in your pocket. Very cool. I have a WT 4WD, long bed. It makes my wife's $60K Audi's system look like junk.

Here is the one I bought, not advertising just informing. CPLAY2air wireless adapter for factory CarPlay on CARPLAY2air.com No promises, although mine works just fine.

·
Registered
2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain 3.6L V6
76 Posts
Sounds familiar

·
Registered
2020 WT 4X4 longbed
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds familiar

Seems to work in my 2020 though. Pretty slick, actually. Fixes the one thing I don't love about the nav system other than needing a cell signal to work.

The rest of what was said is true though. Terrible return policy and it came directly from China.

·
Registered
886 Posts
You would be the first person to get it to work on the Infotainment 3 systems in the 2019+ models

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'd be interested to try this if the wireless charging pad was big enough to hold a modern phone. My galaxy s9 won't fit with the case and just got an s10 this week. Haven't swapped to it yet, but it's even bigger... This just means I'll typically be plugging it in anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 WT 4X4 longbed
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Still early, have just taken a couple rides. But so far, so good. I'll keep us posted.
I know I'm responding to myself but here we go. Yes it does work, no it isn't perfect. I just took it on a fairly complex local trip. There was a little bit of latency and it tended to cut off the end of certain words. But yeah, you can be driving along and plug a destination in, with your phone in your pocket.

Was it worth the $129 I paid for it? Yeah, for me. Might not be for you.

If I was planning on driving a long distance, I'd plug the phone in. If I was planning on finding a place in downtown San Fransisco, I'd plug the phone in. If I was driving along and got lost or needed to find a new destination and my iPhone was in my pocket, I would be glad to have it.

I'll keep us posted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Plugging in via USB still creates substantially better sound than wireless. It's kind of a "fringe benefit" I guess you get when plugging in for Carplay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts