Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know where to post this so here it is. Just got a rock chip fixed. Would have never seen it as my rearview mirror blocked it but my wife saw it as soon as she got in. Anywho, the repair guys told me they hoped it didn't break because something happened and the 2nd gen windshields are on national backorder. They said unless you have lane departure warning that the wait time for a dealer is 3 weeks, and for all others it's simply a no go. I wonder if everything went to Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
I believe the windshield is manufactured in Mexico and with the earthquakes recently, guessing manufacturing has slowed and shorten supplies.

On a related note, I know some states require by law that insurance companies cover windshield replaced with no deductible...my state doesn't so buying this coverage through your insurance company is one of those items I do highly recommend people added to your policy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.