Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m new to the site. Have seen a few gen 1 Colorado’s with windshield visors and have been trouble finding them online. Anyone that can point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Are you talking about the tinting the top few inches of the windshield?? If there what it is just have a tint shop do it they shouldn’t charge very much to do it.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I strongly recommend against visors. Putting holes in your roof is always a questionable tactic because the metal in the roofs is not galvanized like the fenders and doors are. Also, you'll end up stopping short on traffic lights because the visors block the view. You may even be far enough back that you don't trip the magnetic traffic sensor. I'd hate to see die of starvation because the light never turned green! Also, it's a 1970's look that died back in the 1970's. What's next: curb feelers and raccoon tails?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I strongly recommend against visors. Putting holes in your roof is always a questionable tactic because the metal in the roofs is not galvanized like the fenders and doors are. Also, you'll end up stopping short on traffic lights because the visors block the view. You may even be far enough back that you don't trip the magnetic traffic sensor. I'd hate to see die of starvation because the light never turned green! Also, it's a 1970's look that died back in the 1970's. What's next: curb feelers and raccoon tails?
I'm not a fan of them either, even on the fourtys and fiftys vehicles. But, along with the dice and curb feelers you could add a refracting magnifier to the top of the dash to see the traffic signals. I think I've dated myself. Please send pictures if the install is successful.
Howard

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm not a fan of them either, even on the fourtys and fiftys vehicles. But, along with the dice and curb feelers you could add a refracting magnifier to the top of the dash to see the traffic signals. I think I've dated myself. Please send pictures if the install is successful.
Howard
Curb feelers! My dad drove cars with curb feelers. I think it’s time for a comeback.

Gusto!

·
Registered
1 Posts
YES! THANK YOU!! Gawd that looked horrid when everyone tried to style their trucks to look like semis hahaha Hubby trying to fix an '88 right now that has all that crap on it....the holes in the roof are his main problem right now :(

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Curb feelers! My dad drove cars with curb feelers. I think it’s time for a comeback.

Gusto!
Now your talking, curb feelers, oh yea! Let’s bring back the gas wars also, back to 15 9/10 cents per gallon. That is the cheapest I can remember looking out the window from the back seat at the gas station, while Dad was checking oil under the hood. If you were well off, you might have even had fenders skirts. Let’s not forget the ice cold bottle of soda from the Coke machine. Man, them were the good old days, nothing but memories now, but I love to talk about them.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
16 Participants
16WhiteColly
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing