Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Colorado . . . had it about 6 months, just noticed this. Lower corner, driver side. Haven't had any rain to speak of, so don't know if it's leaking, but doesn't look right. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,112 Posts
2020 Colorado . . . had it about 6 months, just noticed this. Lower corner, driver side. Haven't had any rain to speak of, so don't know if it's leaking, but doesn't look right. Thoughts?
View attachment 400028
Well I would take it back to the dealership. Yes Silicone will seal it... but better to have them do it.

Most manufactures run their vehicles through a "car wash" to test for leaks at the end of the build. At least cars, SUVs and light duty trucks would get that treatment

·
Registered
82 Posts
That piece is just a cosmetic cover. I just replaced mine as the clips cracked when removed to replace the windshield. Looks normal to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘17 Colorado 4WD WT CCSB
137 Posts
Agree with mowerpan. The gap between the outside of the glass and the trim piece should not cause any leakage. The seal for the glass is on the inside of the glass between the glass and the frame. But if the appearance is bothersome, have the dealer fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I can run a 14" zip-tie down into that opening.

Does it go down into the wheel well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts