Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple days of blustery cold weather I noticed that my front door windows were frozen shut. I could operate the rear windows just fine. After driving 40 minutes or so I eventually was able to get the driver window to open. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
I used to have trouble with my windows and mirrors icing up. I don't know why it never occurred to me back then -- maybe it wasn't available then, but today I would get a 12v hair dryer.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this your 1st winter in a cold place? Are you in for a surprise LOL.
Nah, lived in Michigan all my life. But the garage is full of junk and I haven't been able to park under cover.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Nah, lived in Michigan all my life. But the garage is full of junk and I haven't been able to park under cover.

Would you like me to call the show "Hoarders" for you?

I kid....:smile2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you like me to call the show "Hoarders" for you?

I kid....:smile2:
I went to the scrap yard last week. Cleaned out a bunch of junk. I do have an issue with tossing anything of value but I want to park in the garage!

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
To prevent your windows and/or doors to freeze, spay all the rubber trim/seals with WD40 or some other silicon. Just spray and wipe about once a month or two during the winter.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So you have lived in Michigan your whole life and this is the first vehicle you have ever seen that had the windows freeze up in the WINTER?:clueless:clueless:clueless:clueless:

Can't wait for your post this SUMMER about your truck getting hot and your windows not being froze shut when you try to open them.........staying tuned!

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
It is global warming!

You just have rain and then it got cold right? Common thing with a change in the weather

Water just got between the window and the seal and froze. It seldom happens with snow but very common on changing weather.

Happens all the Time in Ohio on all makes and models and once it opens with the heater and it remains cold it should not be an issue.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
It is global warming!
Isn't everything?

p.s. the term had been changed, it's "climate change" now. It's easier to blame cold events on this with the new name.

to stay on topic, I've been on this earth quite a long time and have never experienced a frozen window. Heck, never even heard of it. And that's a good thing.

:smile2:

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Isn't everything?

p.s. the term had been changed, it's "climate change" now. It's easier to blame cold events on this with the new name.

to stay on topic, I've been on this earth quite a long time and have never experienced a frozen window. Heck, never even heard of it. And that's a good thing.

:smile2:

You told me that Climate Change thing like I care!!!! LOL!

To be honest if we had TN weather here in Ohio I would be just fine with it.

I have had it happen on a rare occasion. Usually it follow heavy rain and fast dropping temps. It goes away once the heat comes up in the vehicle.

Freezing rain also is a cause. In those cases you can not even get the door open sometimes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.