Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with my "2005" Canyon Z71 SLE drivers window. The window acts like it has a short in the switch,I tried to clean the plug on the wire harness, and the ground under the hood, now I am interested in replacing the circuit board inside the door switch, it is a 3 button switch, and the number I found on the board inside the switch is 514 658-0072,but can't find anything with that number on the internet. Can anyone help me find a replacement board, preferably cheap.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
I am having problems with my "2005" Canyon Z71 SLE drivers window. The window acts like it has a short in the switch,I tried to clean the plug on the wire harness, and the ground under the hood, now I am interested in replacing the circuit board inside the door switch, it is a 3 button switch, and the number I found on the board inside the switch is 514 658-0072,but can't find anything with that number on the internet. Can anyone help me find a replacement board, preferably cheap.
I'm gonna bet you have to replace the whole switch as an assembly. Thats how it usually works. Junkyard or Ebay for used is probably your best bet.

Did you try to clean the switch?? Spray some WD-40 in it and work it. You might get lucky.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I haven't seen any information regarding replacing the circuit board, or of a source for one. You might ask the guys over at 355nation.net. That's where most of the 1st Generation owners hang out now.

What is the symptom that causes you to suspect a short in the switch? Is the fuse blowing? Any work done on the truck just prior to the window issue?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the switch and the motor, it still acts like a short, anyone know how to get the wiring plug that goes into the switch apart? I want to get the plug apart so I can get to the contacts within the plug to clean them, the square plug has some kind of pice pressed into the side of it,I assume it is some kind of release for the electrical pins, but can't figure out how to get it out, don't want to break it, anyone know how?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.