Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Elevation 6 cylinder Crew Cab Short Bed
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some window deflector/Auto Ventshade for my 2022 GMC Canyon Crew Cab that has mechanical fasteners.

I currently have a set if In-Channel stick on using double sided tape. I followed all instructions and within 6 months bot front deflectors have fallen off.

Does anyone know of a version the uses metal clips or some other type of mechanical fastener?

TIA.

· Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
6,058 Posts
I have WeatherTech in my Colorado and my Parents Accords.
At least 5 years now with no issues in any of the vehicles

· Registered
3,356 Posts
I have AVS and have installed twice, original tape and then after tint job. Use alcohol to clean the weatherstrip in the door frame, install above 65*F, roll up window and leave for 12-18hrs.

· Registered
951 Posts
the current a Auto Ventshade in channel comes with some channel inserts that stop that from happening. I will find the parts and post picture shortly.

· Registered
951 Posts
ok, really weird looking at the Auto Ventshade in-channel website. Most do not show the clips I referred to above. They were in the kit that I purchased from Amazon for my 2020 Equinox. I do not see any way to order them separately from AVS. Something similar is on ebay clips

This is link to installation instructions that show the clips. AVS VENTVISOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL Pdf Download

· Registered
2022 Colorado Ext. cab LT 4x4 in grey, de badged, fender flairs, flaps, fake lake, undercover. pipes
444 Posts
I had trouble with the AVS as well. I retaped and reinstalled tham using 3M adhesion promoter # 4298 that I got at Amazon. On my 05 I had the weathertechs and wished I had not messed up and ordered the AVS. The AVS peeled of at 40 mph on a warm day, luckily I could grab it before it blew off into traffic.
Yes to Madcratebuilders comment install them at or above 65 degs.
Luck

· Premium Member
281 Posts
Did you clean the inside with rubbing alcohol first? Never had an issue with any in channel visors before. In fact, they usually work better than exterior ones with or without fasteners. Had fasteners on a previous Subaru and they all broke within a short period of time too. Also, the metal clips make them harder to clean. I suggest removing, cleaning and reapplying tape and installing on a warm day. Then don't roll the windows down for a couple days and if you do, make sure you get something you can stick in there to keep the adhesive applied. You can even use a heat gun if you need to.

Not saying some don't have problems, but they should usually fit so tight the adhesive isn't even necessary for anything other than staying out of the windows way when it's rolled up.

· Registered
2021 Z71 Colorado Midnight Crew 3.6, 1.25" Trail FX level kit
233 Posts
I just installed the Good Year in-channel vents about a month ago in 45 F temps, no issues. As mentioned a made sure I cleaned the surface really good with extra alcohol on the wipes. Also firmly went over the vent putting pressure on the tape area verifying contact with window frames. As mentioned start over with new two sided 3M brand tape.

· Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,503 Posts
I'm using the weathertech in channel... the fronts just spring into place and the rears have the peel and stick. I did a 450 mile trip averaging 80+ with all the windows down with surface temps in the 100-103 degree range and they didn't budge... I used the AVS on the F150 and they were crap... thin plastic and deformed shortly and fell out. Never again. No issues with the AVS stick on exterior ones however.

• Helpful
Reactions: gherbert

· Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
1,285 Posts
I'm using the weathertech in channel... the fronts just spring into place and the rears have the peel and stick. I did a 450 mile trip averaging 80+ with all the windows down with surface temps in the 100-103 degree range and they didn't budge... I used the AVS on the F150 and they were crap... thin plastic and deformed shortly and fell out. Never again. No issues with the AVS stick on exterior ones however.
The Weathertechs are made of the highest quality, however,
the wind noise above 40 MPH with the windows closed was very noticeable, so I removed mine.
Probably why GM doesn’t offer the in channel design as an accessory. Many Taco owners also report the same wind noise issue. I guess it really depends on how the vehicle is designed aerodynamically.

· Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,503 Posts
the wind noise above 40 MPH with the windows closed was very noticeable, so I removed mine.
Probably why GM doesn’t offer the in channel design as an accessory. Many Taco owners also report the same wind noise issue. I guess it really depends on how the vehicle is designed aerodynamically.
Oddly enough they're still quieter than the in or external channel ones GM offers on the full size. We have a Silverado at work with both and it's almost unbearable by comparison. I'm used to driving old crap... so it's still pretty quiet to me.

· Registered
16 Posts
I only put the weathertechs in the rear doors for the very same reason of noise. Don't even know they're back there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts