Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know if these mods would void my 5yr-100k mile warranty?

2" TB crank with a 1/2" diff drop
add a leaf or shackles in the rear
32x11.5" tires
k/n intake
cat back exhaust

thanks in advance,
Josh

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
They won't void the whole warranty, but chances are they'll void certain parts...but that depends on how friendly your dealer is, as well.

The intake may void the warranty on the MAF. The suspension stuff may void the warranty on any stock suspension parts that remain. Hard to tell really, since each dealer treats them differently.

·
Registered
593 Posts
HowNowBrownCow said:
i wanted to know if these mods would void my 5yr-100k mile warranty?

2" TB crank with a 1/2" diff drop
add a leaf or shackles in the rear
32x11.5" tires
k/n intake
cat back exhaust

thanks in advance,
Josh
I have everything you listed except the cat back exhaust...
I had my MAF sensor replaced under warranty on my KN 77 series with no questions asked.
I also had new leaf springs put on last week. They noticed the shackles but they said shackles have nothing to do with flat leaf springs so they replaced them without any trouble. My dealer has been VERY nice to me.

The dealer told me they will replace anything on my vehicle that was on it the day I purchased it and whatever accessories purchased through them.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
They can't void a warranty unless they can prove 100% that the modification you performed was the cause of the failure. And like someone said above, it also depends if your dealer is nice.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, ill see if i can find a friendly gm dealer in my area. there are at least 4 within a 30 min drive from me.

the one thing i dont want to touch is the engine and trans tune. even if it will give me better fuel mileage, i would rather not touch that until my truck is out of warranty.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If they ever hassle ya about those mods, just bring up the moss magnuson warranty act.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts