Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,663 Posts
I'd sure like to see how it performed in the smaller, more aerodynamic trucks. I think that the 2.7 is just a wee bit small for a FS truck.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Turbocharged 2.7-Liter Four-Cylinder (310 hp, 348 pounds-feet of torque)
The 2.7-liter's sole transmission is the eight-speed automatic. There are three tow ratings for this engine: 6,700 pounds, 6,900 pounds and 7,000 pounds. The 6,700-pound rating comes with the 4WD double-cab standard box and 4WD crew-cab short box configurations; this is also the lowest tow rating of any Silverado. For the 6,900-pound trailer rating, the 2WD crew-cab short box or the 2WD crew-cab standard box can be selected. To get the 2.7-liter's maximum 7,000-pound rating, pick a 2WD double cab with the standard box.

about the same tow rating as the twins V6

·
Registered
294 Posts
More than enough motor for the twins. More horsepower and a lot more torque than the V6, and at lower RPMs. And it's a turbo, so way easier to increase power. If it had been an option, I would have jumped on it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If GM does bring it to the twins, then I'll be at the dealer working out a deal.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't think that will ever happen unfortunately. I'd love to see it myself but I can't think of a reason that it makes sense to do.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It would be interesting to see what the 2.7 would do fuel economy wise vs. the V6 in the twins.

As I live in Colorado, I have come to appreciate the merits of forced induction. My diesel is "OK" at 5,000 feet compared to general traffic in Denver, but it becomes a "you suck, get your lard ass outta my way" beast up the hill at 10,000 feet, where it still effortlessly cruises up long Interstate grades locked out in 6th gear :smile: The 2.7 in our trucks would be cool in that respect.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It would be interesting to see what the 2.7 would do fuel economy wise vs. the V6 in the twins.

As I live in Colorado, I have come to appreciate the merits of forced induction. My diesel is "OK" at 5,000 feet compared to general traffic in Denver, but it becomes a "you suck, get your lard ass outta my way" beast up the hill at 10,000 feet, where it still effortlessly cruises up long Interstate grades locked out in 6th gear ? The 2.7 in our trucks would be cool in that respect.
On a somewhat related note, many years back we had a 3.3l Dodge Caravan, heading east on I70 from Rifle, cruise control on about 75, passed a 1 ton turbo diesel hauling a 5th wheel horse trailer (with horses) cruising at 70; a ways down the road, as the altitude increased and the grades got steeper, the Caravan was down to less than 65 with accelerator on the floor, that same rig passed us, going the same speed he was going before (2000+ feet lower altitude). Wasn't that much time before we had a Jeep Liberty CRD (turbo diesel) which was not affected by the altitude.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts