Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Colorado, 5 cyl, crew cab. On 3 occasions within 6 months, when I attempted to start the truck it was silent, never turning over. (The battery is brand new). When this happens I attempt to start it 10-20 times with 15-30 seconds between attempts. On one of those later attempts it starts right up like nothing was wrong. I then drove it like normal, stopping and then restarting dozens and dozens of times before it would do it again. It has now done that 3 times. I even took it to my dealer (of course it never refused to start when they looked at it) and they checked it out and could find nothing showing wrong on the codes. The last time this happened I noticed that while I was waiting to try and start it again, with the key in the ignition and the door closed, it would start dinging as it does if the key is in the ignition and you have the door open! And at the same time, while waiting to try again, the headlights would flash 2-3 times while the key was in the ignition and the lights not turned on. So bell dinging and lights flash while the door is closed and only key in ignition (in the off position). Tell me someone here has had a similar experience, even if it was with another type of car or truck. I'm in Florida, no cold weather or never too hot when this occurs.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
:welcome to C'Fans.

Did this problem start after the battery was replaced? If so, disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes. Make sure the cable clamps are really clean and secure. You said the headlights flashed. Was it the headlights or the DRLs?

A couple of things to try the next time it happens. Try a different ignition key. Also try to start it with the transmission in neutral.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.