Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
flmudshark. Mudshark was the handle I went by in the military, which how I got that handle is a whole different story, and I'm from Florida. No, I'm not Florida Man!

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Does @ tagging work here?

Paging @Toughsox ...
LOL.....from the day this topic was posted I was hoping to avoid it but since I have been called out, here goes.

So I grew up a headbanger/punk rocker, always have been and always will be. Its hysterical when I pull up to the house and have The Clash/Romantics/Metallica/Sum41 etc blasting on my truck.....my kids seem to think at a certain age you are supposed to switch to 'elevator music'

Anyways, I was always the motorcycle jacket wearing hardass growing up, as evidence of me here in '89.

Here it is, Im 57, still to this day wear a multitude of different skull & crossbone bandanas at work, and surprisingly still fit into my leather jacket (although the Mrs doesnt let me go out with it on much these days.) Even on formal events, such as my kids weddings, I always have on skull apparel somewhere on me, be it socks, suspenders, ties etc.

Anyways, back to the story. One day we went club hopping because, thats what you did back in the days before the internet and actually went out with your friends on Friday and Saturday night. So, we are all hanging out and this group of girls come to chat up my friends and me, and Im sure Im standing there exactly like in that picture because I probably wasnt interested, and this one girl said 'your friend over there looks tough" To which my friend said, 'he is so tough, even his socks are tough"

Needless to say, now you know the torrid tale or my screen name. I use it for everything and quite honestly, if you google it, you can easily find out a whole lot about me as Ive been involved in gaming for years and years, having run multiple gaming sites and for the last 6-7 years on Staff for a couple of gaming communities involving 'STEAM"

Ok, I now bring you back to your originally broadcasting channel. Move along.....these arent the droids you're looking for.

·
Registered
120 Posts
TMI. Not. I'm a child of the sixties touchy feely kinda guy. I'm always amazed at the varied stories. One of the things I love about these "special interest" forums is how they can bring together people who would never meet or connect in the "real" world. Although I'm not going to share my whole life, I'll just say that I had four siblings and in the "who will ever amount to anything sweepstakes" I was dead last. My wife used to really worry about her young brother being a ne'er-do-well pot smoking layabout. I often had to remind her that you can't really predict the adult from a twenty something's behavior. YMMV.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My initials

·
Registered
138 Posts
So, mine comes from a family vacation years ago to Hawaii. 17 of us all had to come up with an authentic Hawaiian name. Allen became Lou-Al (luau), Benjamin became He-Be-Jamin, Zack was the Zulu warrior, we had Maui Mary, Dan-O, Aloha-ndra, the list goes on. My parents were Queen La Teresa and the Big Kahuna. My wife got busted in the airport with her luggage being overweight, so we dubbed her Pack-A-Bag-A-Lotta. Anyway...that is when Joe became joMONgi. The caps help you pronounce it correctly. Aahh,...good times!

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
So did the motorcycle jacket wearing hardass ride a motorcycle? Extra points if it was British and an extra low bow if you still have it and it runs.

My first bike was an asphalt searing BMW R65. I'm ok with that since I'm an enginerd. Then it went K100RT, FJ1200, TR Sprint. There was a Vespa 150 in there somewhere. Still have a 350 EXC-F and a ZX636. ...And a leather motorcycle jacket that I still fit.
The wife has her endorsement and has ridden *several blocks* on a Honda 200 Twinstar that we thankfully no longer own. She has me beat on Cessna 150 hours though. Hard to beat a fighter pilot dad in law.

On consideration there was actually a 3.5hp Briggs powered mini-bike ahead of these. You can disable the vane style governor on these and they'll go faster. Of course the rings may seize to the aluminum bore. Pull the head, place the end of a short 2x4 on the piston and whack it with a sledge. The engine might burn a little more oil after that but Dad buys that stuff - right?

No heavy metal as such here (More R&B oriented) but there was the dorm room incident.
4ea JBL pro loaded home brew Klipsch corner horns stacked 2 high in each corner. 2ea JBL pro loaded A7's spanning the wall between them. 900 Watts of amplifier stacked on top the A7's along with a 10" Sony reel to reel.

I happened to be across campus studying in the library. Really. Seems some stoned rascal wandered in on my cranky studious roommate, looked around and asked "What can all of that do?". Said cranky roommate cranked the volume, threaded a tape with a long leader, powered on and shuffled down the hall toward the breaker panel. I returned to a crowd of school officials mumbling expulsion - among other things. But... None the less I graduated, worked a career and retired without ill effect.

Background story is that 3 of us were offering rental PA services in those years. All the gear was stored in the power plug void basement after this. I'm just guessing this rattled a few desks.

Anyway, should your kids ask... this isn't a good idea.

Oh yeah, the topic at hand.
Ummm...

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
LOL.....from the day this topic was posted I was hoping to avoid it but since I have been called out, here goes.

So I grew up a headbanger/punk rocker, always have been and always will be. Its hysterical when I pull up to the house and have The Clash/Romantics/Metallica/Sum41 etc blasting on my truck.....my kids seem to think at a certain age you are supposed to switch to 'elevator music'

Anyways, I was always the motorcycle jacket wearing hardass growing up, as evidence of me here in '89.

Here it is, Im 57, still to this day wear a multitude of different skull & crossbone bandanas at work, and surprisingly still fit into my leather jacket (although the Mrs doesnt let me go out with it on much these days.) Even on formal events, such as my kids weddings, I always have on skull apparel somewhere on me, be it socks, suspenders, ties etc.

Anyways, back to the story. One day we went club hopping because, thats what you did back in the days before the internet and actually went out with your friends on Friday and Saturday night. So, we are all hanging out and this group of girls come to chat up my friends and me, and Im sure Im standing there exactly like in that picture because I probably wasnt interested, and this one girl said 'your friend over there looks tough" To which my friend said, 'he is so tough, even his socks are tough"

Needless to say, now you know the torrid tale or my screen name. I use it for everything and quite honestly, if you google it, you can easily find out a whole lot about me as Ive been involved in gaming for years and years, having run multiple gaming sites and for the last 6-7 years on Staff for a couple of gaming communities involving 'STEAM"

Ok, I now bring you back to your originally broadcasting channel. Move along.....these arent the droids you're looking for.
ahaha that's awesome, I've been around the gaming since the 90s. Can you explain this?

SteamRep » ???Toughsox [Banned] | 76561198352078540 | STEAM_0:0:195906406

It's been a long while since TFC and Doom!

·
Registered
975 Posts
My first bike was an asphalt searing BMW R65.
Nice. When I was about 15, one of my best friends was a ~65 year old lady who still rode one. Many years later my first bike was a BMW sewing machine (F650GS, with that horrible teeth-rattling Rotax single-thumper).

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
61 - 72 of 72 Posts