Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Saw this truck on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 70742&rd=1 ) and immediately noticed the tubular upper control arms.

I was just wondering if anyone recognized whose lift is on the truck, and if those arms are part of it, or a one-off item. Looks like his CV joints are gonna be hurtin' fer certain before long! :shock:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kick Z71 tail out said:
Anyone know who makes that front light bar? It does mention it's a SEMA truck... so it could be a one-off. But I hope it's not!
I think it is a one off. Not exactly my cup of tea either. But it looks like it started out pretty similar to the one on the FST SEMA Canyon. Look here: http://www.fstmotorsports.com/gmc_canyon.htm

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kick Z71 tail out said:
Is that truck a Z71 or just plain 4x4? I was trying to see if it had TBs...
Def has TBs. Go to the ebay auction and look at the shots of the undercarriage. You can see them easily. You can also see the shot of the tire spec sticker inside the driver's door that the factory tires were 265/75R15s - Z71 tires.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ Sorry, I must have missed that. My bad.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good catch AdamB. Didn't see that.

·
Registered
639 Posts
dirtydawg- It's cool. I wasn't getting on you or anything. I was just telling you in case you wanted to try to search for it. I think it was a thread in the classifieds if I'm not mistaken cause it was the link to the ebay auction.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. Thanks. AdamB has pointed out that they're probably FSTs. I went back and actually READ the auction instead of just staring at the pictures, and I think he's right. I thought I recognized the base of the brush guard as theirs and sure enough it is.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
x2

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
yup he definitely needs a diff drop and front driveshaft spacer.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
creeve said:
look at the cv angle, its horrible, obviously just a show truck
I'd imagine the upper ball joints are at about their limit as well, it won't have any more down travel in the suspension and will ride like pooh. The funny thing is they probably spent more having custom upper arms made than it would have cost for a proper lift kit. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts