Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Changed them all, inside & out. Kept the back seat white for looking for stuff, but front overheads are red, & not because it's a cool thing to do. At night, our vision can take up to 45 minutes to fully adjust after being exposed to 'white' light, even just opening door/getting in/closing door. Think about the reptile & bat exhibits @ the zoos - red lights for night vision. Laser sights on firearms. You get the picture. I work/drive in the dark, & the change to red made more difference than I ever imagined.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought my truck used with 14k on it. Previous owner swapped out the headlights to LED and I have left them. I also swapped out the fogs with leds (Sylvania from Autozone I think) when one burnt out and I put yellow vinyl over the lenses. I also had an interior light burn out so I swapped everything (visor/mirror lights as well as overhead/map lights) with the 2700k bulbs from DiodeDynamics. No electrical issues and the light is the same color as from the factory (but leds usually last longer; 2+ years now and no more bulb swapping so far). I haven't done things light license plate, turn signals, backup, etc. They are all stock.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
5,309 Posts
I made the switch to all leds. The only one that I regret is the backup lamps. The bright light washes out the backup camera. I don't drive much at night anymore so it's really not so big a deal.
The LED Reverse Lights and Hitch Lights that I use do not do that to mine

Reactions: gspino

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So, I took out the LEDs and re-installed the incandescent bulbs. And I’m really liking them sooooo much more than the LEDs.
When I unlock the truck at night, I’m greeted by a warm, mellow, inviting glow. More than enough light to get in and get situated ready to drive. I flipped on the map light to get my wallet, and had more than enough to see what I was doing.
The incandescents are so much easier on my eyes and than the harsh, way-too-bright LEDs. And, like I said, to me, the incandescents give a mellow, warm, and inviting glow.
I’m so glad I switched back.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've never cared much about lights. Certainly never going to bother with LED interior lights, though I see value in backup lights.

I feel upgraded headlights are a liability, if they are brighter anyway, and many are. Cops can mistake fancy bulbs for high beams - all set with that.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm really liking the incandescent bulbs in the interior of my truck. I like the mellow lighting so much more than the harsh lighting of the super bright LEDs.

Reactions: okw

·
Registered
946 Posts
Mine still has all factory lighting after six years. I haven’t given any thought to changing interior lighting. I have thought about putting brighter lamps in my fog lights, but not LED.

·
Registered
2022 Colorado Ext. cab LT 4x4 in grey, de badged, fender flairs, flaps, fake lake, undercover. pipes
403 Posts
I had LED interior lights, backup lights and under the bed rail in my '05 ext cab and loved them. I just installed LED backup lights and led strip lights under the bed rails and 3 bulb led strips for foot well lights. I have black interior which I have always hated black interiors, I can never find things in them. I have lost many a black tools in them.
I am thinking about installing LEDs in the rear dome for more light there. The head lights and fogs seem to be pretty good so far, but hunting season will tell that tale.
Luck

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Last weekend we went out to dinner, and when we were in the parking lot, my wife flipped open the visor mirror. And on came the soft glow of the incandescent vanity bulbs. She asked if I did something to the lights in my truck. I said I took out the LEDs and replaced them with the incandescent bulbs.
She said “I’m so glad. I absolutely hated the super bright lights that were blinding. I hated getting in the truck at night and using the (vanity) mirror. It was way too bright.”

Case closed; incandescent bulbs for the win! 👍🏻

41 - 52 of 52 Posts