Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Changed them all, inside & out. Kept the back seat white for looking for stuff, but front overheads are red, & not because it's a cool thing to do. At night, our vision can take up to 45 minutes to fully adjust after being exposed to 'white' light, even just opening door/getting in/closing door. Think about the reptile & bat exhibits @ the zoos - red lights for night vision. Laser sights on firearms. You get the picture. I work/drive in the dark, & the change to red made more difference than I ever imagined.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I bought my truck used with 14k on it. Previous owner swapped out the headlights to LED and I have left them. I also swapped out the fogs with leds (Sylvania from Autozone I think) when one burnt out and I put yellow vinyl over the lenses. I also had an interior light burn out so I swapped everything (visor/mirror lights as well as overhead/map lights) with the 2700k bulbs from DiodeDynamics. No electrical issues and the light is the same color as from the factory (but leds usually last longer; 2+ years now and no more bulb swapping so far). I haven't done things light license plate, turn signals, backup, etc. They are all stock.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would like LED headlights but haven't found new housings, yet. Granted, I haven't looked very hard. Otherwise, I'm not doing anything to the lights on my truck.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,795 Posts
I made the switch to all leds. The only one that I regret is the backup lamps. The bright light washes out the backup camera. I don't drive much at night anymore so it's really not so big a deal.
The LED Reverse Lights and Hitch Lights that I use do not do that to mine

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So, I took out the LEDs and re-installed the incandescent bulbs. And I’m really liking them sooooo much more than the LEDs.
When I unlock the truck at night, I’m greeted by a warm, mellow, inviting glow. More than enough light to get in and get situated ready to drive. I flipped on the map light to get my wallet, and had more than enough to see what I was doing.
The incandescents are so much easier on my eyes and than the harsh, way-too-bright LEDs. And, like I said, to me, the incandescents give a mellow, warm, and inviting glow.
I’m so glad I switched back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've never cared much about lights. Certainly never going to bother with LED interior lights, though I see value in backup lights.

I feel upgraded headlights are a liability, if they are brighter anyway, and many are. Cops can mistake fancy bulbs for high beams - all set with that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm really liking the incandescent bulbs in the interior of my truck. I like the mellow lighting so much more than the harsh lighting of the super bright LEDs.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Mine still has all factory lighting after six years. I haven’t given any thought to changing interior lighting. I have thought about putting brighter lamps in my fog lights, but not LED.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts