Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many guys have all stock lighting in their truck. I swapped out the interior (and others, but not headlights yet) to LEDs mainly for the whiter light. I just like the appearance of the white light vs. the yellowish glow of the OEM incandescent bulbs.
If you still have the OEM interior, cargo, and plate lights, any plans to swap to LED or are you happy with them as they are?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,878 Posts
I still have the interior lights as they came from the factory... Hardly ever use them, plus I am sensitive to light so no need for brighter lights in the cab.
Cargo lights were swapped as part of upgrading the 3rd (High Mount) Brake Light. But I don't use the cargo lights.
Headlight Lights and Fog/Driving Lights are all LED now
Plate Lights are still factory. Seeing my plate is not going to prevent you from rear ending... So I don't care about them

·
Registered
44 Posts
Everything is still factory, though I've only had the truck a few months now. Considering swapping exterior lights to LED, but it's not a priority. Haven't given the interior much thought.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
I did the interior and headlights,

·
Registered
10,835 Posts
Just curious how many guys have all stock lighting in their truck. I swapped out the interior (and others, but not headlights yet) to LEDs mainly for the whiter light. I just like the appearance of the white light vs. the yellowish glow of the OEM incandescent bulbs.
If you still have the OEM interior, cargo, and plate lights, any plans to swap to LED or are you happy with them as they are?
All mine are stock except headlamps are HID and reverse LED. The reverse caused a little flicker in the backup cam so I had to install some capacitors.
I can't stand that "white" light. It's hard on the eyes too.

Reactions: gherbert and 93Duc

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
All lights except Fog’s are factory/ stock.

Would like to switch the dome light to red LED - possibly the driver side and passenger side map lights also to red LED.
Only reservations are that I have read instances of LED‘s causing oddities with the electrical system and secondly time to put in the research to determine which LED’s beforehand.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,168 Posts
I have the pure white LEDs in the back up lamps and I did an HID conversion on the projectors with aftermarket retrofit housings and I put yellow LEDs in the fogs. Otherwise everything else is stock. The blue/white led interior lights everyone uses bother me to no end, my eyes are very sensitive to it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Years past I always swapped my interior lights, but the incandescent glow is so much easier on the eyes, so I’ve stuck with that.

I am seriously interested in swapping the bulbs in the projector low beams for HIDs though. Eventually I’ll buy a Morimoto retrofit kit.

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado LT Crew Cab 4x4 Summit White
107 Posts
^^^ this

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
the only time my interior lights are on is when I am getting in or out or looking for something on the floor boards, so the bright LED lights are good..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can LED bulbs in the interior dome, map, and vanity lights really cause issues with the truck’s electrical system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far I have only swapped out the cargo lights, but added an LED strip under my Retrax Tonneau on my 21 Bison 3.6 gas. I wired it live and installed a remote switch in the box. I also installed an LED tail strip below the tail gate. Cut into the trailer harness to wire it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i’ve changed out all of my stock bulbs on my 2022 to led ,headlights ,interior,cargo,3rd brake light ,license plate,reverse lights all bought from Amazon. i did try to change out the rear brake / signals but i got a error message on dash and hyper flash so i put back in the stock bulbs .it’s a huge improvement over the stock just be careful if buying amazon lights that you read the reviews first before buying each led bulb . i would have loved to buy from a company like headlight revolution but being from canada you get screwed on shipping and duties . i paid over a $100 in fees last time i ordered from headlight revolution never again

here’s what i bought for headlights comes with both high and low and plug and play installation and they do work on 2022 colorado

·
Registered
16'Trailboss edition-K&Ncai-DirtKing ucas-Peak2.0coilovers-GM performance exhaust-SupermodulationTB-
1,072 Posts
Yep

·
Registered
16'Trailboss edition-K&Ncai-DirtKing ucas-Peak2.0coilovers-GM performance exhaust-SupermodulationTB-
1,072 Posts
Im certain there are others like me who are blinded by white light from led's. I feel it brightens the area only, causing the dark back ground to be darker or somethin like that

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Can LED bulbs in the interior dome, map, and vanity lights really cause issues with the truck’s electrical system?
Several people have had issues, cannot remember what right now, or what brand/quality of bulbs they installed.

I have the Diode Dynamics in mine with 0 issues for the last 4 years
I like the bright lights when I am looking for something, like on the rear floor boards for my release and gloves, range finder etc at dark thirty in the middle of now where, otherwise I never turn them on, just when the doors are open getting in and out.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts