Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting a new Head Unit soon and i notice that some of you guys are running the AVIC D3 and the Kenwood DNX7100. which to you guys think is better for the buck?

·
Registered
545 Posts
the kenwood takes my cake, but i haven't had experience with either (yet :D). the kenwood had HDD based nav meaning faster load times, no having to wait for a dvd to load. plus, kenwood uses Garmin for nav, which is a top notch nav company. it also plays ipod video which the d3 doesnt.

·
Banned
433 Posts
i have the dnx7100 and love it. i played with both extensively before buying and i liked the kenwood over the d3. As far as navigation, having hard drive based nav is so far superior. and you dont ever have to mess with a disc or have a chance of losing it. I did like the interface of the d3 a little more but when it came to functionality i much preferred the kenwood.

·
Banned
433 Posts
the d3 disc can be taken out once a destination and route have been established. but its not as fast as hdd nav.

·
Registered
317 Posts
steve671 said:
Does anyone know if that Kenwood headunit will play from an external usb hardrive, or is it limited to a small capacity usb flash drive?
Thanks.
Kenwood uses flash drives and digital audio players when referencing a "USB device", The manual also states that a USB device must meet USB mass storage specs. I've read where others have hooked there HD from/through a laptop to the Kenwoods.

·
Banned
433 Posts
well i can tell you this...i converted my zune into a mass storage drive and it doesnt work thru usb port so that would make me believe only flash drives work

·
Registered
64 Posts
matixman7 said:
im looking into getting a new Head Unit soon and i notice that some of you guys are running the AVIC D3 and the Kenwood DNX7100. which to you guys think is better for the buck?
i have had 2 kenwoods and known others with kenwoods an all have had same problem eventually the cds start getting stuck and wont eject unless you stick somethin in their to pop 'em out everytime....doesnt really sound like a big deal but its starts to get really fuckin annoying when it starts happening everytime.....i wont ever get a kenwood again

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have the alpine 9857 HU installed even though its not a tv i have had nothing but good things to say about every alpine HU ive owned. i plan on swappin my unit out the alpine dual din tv eventually.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts