Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Are you saying there is a post that says the mud guards affect MPG when removed? I'll go ahead and call BS on that one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J-man67 said:
Are you saying there is a post that says the mud guards affect MPG when removed? I'll go ahead and call BS on that one.
I'm speaking about the 'air dam' on the front, under the bumper. I've seen several people here call it a splash guard.

And I know it's true, I just want to know how many MPG you'll lose.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
kick Z71 tail out said:
[quote="J-man67":la6dgqut]Are you saying there is a post that says the mud guards affect MPG when removed? I'll go ahead and call BS on that one.
I'm speaking about the 'air dam' on the front, under the bumper. I've seen several people here call it a splash guard.

And I know it's true, I just want to know how many MPG you'll lose.[/quote:la6dgqut]
Talking about the front valence, it was less than one MPG, I think it was around .2 MPG was lost by removing it.

The thread was so old that you probably won't be able to find it, it was back before the server migration, and the search doesn't find threads from back then.

If you really want to go looking for it, though, the guy that removed his valence and did the testing was S2k

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, now I know what you are talking about. Sorry about that. Never heard it called the splash guard. Yes, I do remember S2K reporting the loss/gain, but it is so minute and a lot of variables are involved to even say if it had an affect.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that's good news... although I had seen a thread about it just in browsing the forums. Wherever it was it was on the 1st page...

But yeah, that's good news because I'm about to ditch it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts