Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1021 - 1040 of 1075 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
couple of days ago did received the 4 Raceline 946G wheels.
now waiting for the arrival of 4 - NITTO RIDGE GRAPPLER 265 /65 R17.
Once installed will wash/detail the Colorado and post couple of pictures. Nitto tires.jpg Raceline 946.jpg Raceline boxes.jpg

·
Registered
484 Posts
Looking to replace my 255/70r17s with 265/70r17s tomorrow. I have a 16 Z71 with a 1.25" level up front currently. I'm planning to install the Eibach Pro Kit within the month. I've seen a lot of back and forth but I'm trying to figure out if the 265/70s rub with a zone level on stock rims? I know they'll fit fine once I get the lift on but am I alright for the next few weeks on the smaller level? Probably going to get the K02s.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Got the 265/70r17 General ATXs put on this morning. Zero rubbing even at full lock. Happy with them so far but Jesus Walmart is terrible.

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
Got the 265/70r17 General ATXs put on this morning. Zero rubbing even at full lock. Happy with them so far but Jesus Walmart is terrible.
Pics or it didn't happen. :p

·
Registered
484 Posts

Here's the best I got so far. Had to take my Weathertech mud flaps off as there is no way they were going to fit. Very, very early but I like them so far. Just the slightest road noise but that's compared to my very tame previous Yokohamas. If the radio is on or ac/heat is on you can't hear anything at all. Ride feels softer and bumps are less harsh as well. Taking them out to the Rockies next week and they're expecting snow so I'll report back after that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yesterday did received the Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/65R-17.
also waiting for the lug nuts (Gorilla).
will instal this week Nitto tires to Raceline wheels, once is done, have to wash/detail the Colorado and will post some pictures.

Special THANKS to Matt from Discount Tire Direct (site sponsor) who make possible to get this tires to Puerto Rico(y)(y)(y). I will highly recommend anyone to get in touch with them thru Colorado Fans private message.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
yesterday did received the Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/65R-17.
also waiting for the lug nuts (Gorilla).
will instal this week Nitto tires to Raceline wheels, once is done, have to wash/detail the Colorado and will post some pictures.

Special THANKS to Matt from Discount Tire Direct (site sponsor) who make possible to get this tires to Puerto Rico(y)(y)(y). I will highly recommend anyone to get in touch with them thru Colorado Fans private message.
Can't wait to see them on the truck!

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
The crap my tires have to put up with. :devilish:

15psi on a slanted rock through a rock garden.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Finally picked some wheels Method 701 16x8 0mm offset, got rid of those damn Bora spacers and the annoying minor wheel shimmy that suddenly got worse when I rotated the 285/75/16s. Modified the stock center caps by sawing 7/8" off the back edge with the table saw, leaving the entire piece that goes over the lug nut which happens to fit nice and snug inside the Method rim lug nut space. Still looks good and stock to me. Stoked.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Drove thru the Pacific Coast highway 1 over the weekend and snapped a quickie...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just took my new General ATX 265/70r17s on a 1500+ mile road trip through the Rockies. Averaged 20.5 mpg which included going 82 mph on i70 for 1000 of those miles. Our 3rd day there we got 6 inches of snow and I had no issues at all. Never even had to turn on 4wd. I'd recommend them for someone looking for an aggressive looking but quiet on road tire.

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nothing fancy...switched back from some aftermarket wheels to stock and added 255/75/17 BFG KM2
Eibach Pro Truck set at 2.7" front and 2" AAL rear.
PLENTY of room with no trimming involved!
IMG_6460.JPG

·
Registered
37 Posts
finally installed the Nitto tires to Raceline wheels with 1.5" spacer.
already had driven over 250 miles and I'm very happy with Nitto tires ride.
NO offroad yet.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
finally installed the Nitto tires to Raceline wheels with 1.5" spacer.
already had driven over 250 miles and I'm very happy with Nitto tires ride.
NO offroad yet.
Looks great! Not too much wheel poking out. What's the width and offset on those wheels again?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello guys, I'm a newbie when it comes to tire and suspension stuff. Instead of creating a whole new thread (since I can't really find some of my answers with the search function) so I'll dump my idiocy here. (Tire questions are at the end)

I don't do crazy off roading but I spend a serious amount of time on forest service roads from good condition to bad (but not outright jeep trail terrible).

1. I'm going to level my Colorado 2 inches up front (spacers). Everywhere I read in reviews it's split down the middle some people say the spacers "Improve ride quality" while others say it takes a little hit in ride quality but not much. So which is it? I really like how smooth the suspension is at the moment and don't want to ruin it too badly.

2. If it does have a significant hit to ride quality is there a front level / suspension swap that levels it without spacers and improves suspension travel? I don't want a lift I just want a level at stock height.

3. How important is getting the offset right for rims? The OEM site says collie offset is 33 on random google tire rim shopping (i have no idea where the best online store is) all the rims that are 33 offset don't look too good IMO. How imperative is it to have the correct offset?

My idea is 2inch front level and putting on 265/70/R17 (basically 1 inch taller than the stock for my WT) just to gain an tiny itty bitty bit of clearance but not affect stock ride too much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

1021 - 1040 of 1075 Posts