Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

701 - 720 of 1035 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Slowly getting my truck the way I want it. Just put on Moto Metal 978's - 18x9, +18, with BFG KO2 tires, 265/60R18. Decided I like hugging the curves more than I like climbing over bumps, so didn't do any lift. Might do a level in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is anyone running the wider/0mm offset wheels noticing any rock chips or other body damage from throwing rocks at the side of their trucks? Especialy on the ZR2s. Mine throws dirt all over the side of the truck even with stock wheels and tires.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Is anyone running the wider/0mm offset wheels noticing any rock chips or other body damage from throwing rocks at the side of their trucks? Especialy on the ZR2s. Mine throws dirt all over the side of the truck even with stock wheels and tires.

Thanks.
Yup
Mud flaps help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finally purchased wheels/tires: Black Rhino Sierra 20x9, Nokia Rotiiva AT 275/55-20.
I had been debating between these wheels and Fuel Maverick's until I came across Fuel Ripper's. Unfortunately, couldn't locate the Ripper's in the size/bolt pattern required...
NOTE- Bilstein 5100 leveling kit installed, have very minimal rubbing while turning and entering a driveway apron.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
XD Grenade Offroad
17x8.5 +0 offset
Looks great. Do you have a view down the side? Those look like they come outside the fender farther than I'd expect for a 0 offset. I'm looking at the same wheels. Mind me asking what you paid and where?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice rims. can't wait to see more pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before and after

Long time lurker, second time poster. Put new shoes on the 2016 Colorado today. Existing mods included factory leveling kit and front air dam delete. (May also be obvious that the exhaust isn't stock.)

Before, with stock tires:

After, going to 265/70/17 T115 Cooper Discoverer AT3's on the stock rims. (Wally World had a sale, and they get good reviews.)

I like the look better, both the OWL out and the slightly larger size. Hard to tell from the photo. The stock size tires always looked sort of small to me. This looks more like a normal truck tire. No rubbing, FWIW.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Long time lurker, second time poster. Put new shoes on the 2016 Colorado today. Existing mods included factory leveling kit and front air dam delete. (May also be obvious that the exhaust isn't stock.)

Before, with stock tires:

After, going to 265/70/17 T115 Cooper Discoverer AT3's on the stock rims. (Wally World had a sale, and they get good reviews.)

I like the look better, both the OWL out and the slightly larger size. Hard to tell from the photo. The stock size tires always looked sort of small to me. This looks more like a normal truck tire. No rubbing, FWIW.

picks like this make me want to run my stock tires to death so much quicker so I can get a proper sized tire on my canyon finally.

Quick question, can you explain the factory levling kit? I'm not aware that there was an option for that with the twins, is this something with newer trucks?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, I don't think this leveling kit is new. When I bought my Colorado in Nov. 2016, I asked the parts department at the dealer if they had a leveling kit and they said yes. Actually, I'm not sure if they got it from Chevy, but I assume they did since I ordered it from the Chevy dealer and they installed it. (Or, perhaps I just assume that they got it from Chevy.)

·
Registered
441 Posts
These arrived last week. Had them mounted yesterday. Waiting on the rest of the lift parts to arrive next week. Hopefully will have an opportunity to get everything installed soon.

XD135 Grenade Offroad, 17x8.5 0 offset
BFG K02 285/70r17

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
These arrived last week. Had them mounted yesterday. Waiting on the rest of the lift parts to arrive next week. Hopefully will have an opportunity to get everything installed soon.

BFG K02 285/70r17

I've been eyeing those wheels. Can't wait to see em' mounted.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Lately I feel like the gap in the wheel wells is a little too much and the tread looks a little too non-aggressive for a Z71 so debating on changing again and swapping out the GY Fortitudes 265 60 18 (30.5 X 10/70) to BFG KO2 in either 265 65 18 (31.5 X 10.7) or 265 70 18 ( 32.6 X 10.7). I know the 265 65 is a no brainer to fit with no rubbing but curious if the 2.7 lift up front will clear the 32.6 without any rub. I already trimmed back the milk crates in the front well and have the sway bar relocation brkts. Is the pinch weld on the drivers side the biggest concern for rub with this set up? I will keep the 18" Midnight wheels.
Also how's the road noise of the KO's vs the Duratracs. After 15K miles the 265 65 17 Duratracs will getting increasingly noisier so I sold those and got the Fortitudes in 18. I am quite happily surprised how quiet and comfortable the ride is with these compared to the orig GY Adventure/kevlar and Duratracs after reading how lot's of folks have shared different opinions on them, good and bad. It's obviously not a mud or snow tire but I live in Hawaii people!

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts

BFG K02 285/70r17

Waiting unpatiently for after pics. Any progress? Wheels are killer

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

701 - 720 of 1035 Posts